And thats a White Sox Series Winnah

RockRaines

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Haha, Ed Farmer called Soriano "The Jumping Man".

Pierzysnki hits a fly ball to left field...the jumping man is under it, HE DROPS IT! BECKHAM WILL SCORE! PIERZYNSKI TO THIRD!

What's the context for that nickname?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
What's the context for that nickname?

Soriano does the hop before he catches the ball because he wants to look like a complete idiot.

Right after DJ analyzed the play, Farmio was like, "do you think he was about to jump?"

Classic Farmio.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
He's got a Mike Piazza like stance. Real old school.

He looked very patient up there.

Good strike zone judgement IMO. His out was a good swing at the corret pitch to swing at. Those are good signs. I'd like to see him DH in this next series.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
"That's what happens when you play a DH in left field"

I hope Stone announces here 20 years. His honesty is ridiculously ideal.

And i'm glad he takes the home team to task too.

Think Stone is still bitter about his Cubs break up? The Cubs fan sitting next to me was talking about Soriano. I said the best the Sox could do to match that is Rios.

One thing I noticed watching Prancer get hung up between 2nd and 3rd in the first inning. Is there a worse baserunner who has stole 70 bases in a season in major league history than Scott Podsednik?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
Think Stone is still bitter about his Cubs break up? The Cubs fan sitting next to me was talking about Soriano. I said the best the Sox could do to match that is Rios.

One thing I noticed watching Prancer get hung up between 2nd and 3rd in the first inning. Is there a worse baserunner who has stole 70 bases in a season in major league history than Scott Podsednik?

He is a bad baserunner, but his stick has been REALLY impressive all year. I wonder what kind of offers he will get in the offseason. I really don't understand the "trade Alexei" crew on this board. How many middle infielders who hit .280 20 and 80 rbi's with 15-20 steals can you get for ONE MILLION per season?

Granted, he has sucked at SS. Lets move him back to 2B and put Becks at SS and give Viciedo a shot at 3B...

We still need a leadoff hitter next year, and I have to say I would consider resigning Pods??? Who else do we have? Rios?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
We really should have went 6-0 against them, or at the very least, 5-1. The Cubs are absolutely AWFUL, even worse than us, and I'm not sure how they are even above .500. At any rate, I'll take a 4-2 season series against those assholes any day of the week. Nice to win the last game that will have any relevant feeling to it this season.

They weren't always bad

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
It felt good to not be the team self-destructing today. It was also nice that we took advantage of those situations, which is an improvement over lately.

so, so true.

FWIW, on this day in 2005:

CHW 83-51

CLE 75-60 8.5

20 days later that lead was down to 1.5 games.

Just saying

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
so, so true.

FWIW, on this day in 2005:

CHW 83-51

CLE 75-60 8.5

20 days later that lead was down to 1.5 games.

Just saying

The Indians were absolutely on fire. We're far from that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
The Indians were absolutely on fire. We're far from that.

actually, they got hot at the same time the Sox took a dive, at this point in the season, after scuffling a bit, they caught fire and went 17-3. But this coincided with a slide by the Sox, which only stoked that fire for them i'm sure. Plus we have minny to jump over.

Still...they proved it can be done, with some help.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
actually, they got hot at the same time the Sox took a dive, at this point in the season, after scuffling a bit, they caught fire and went 17-3. But this coincided with a slide by the Sox, which only stoked that fire for them i'm sure. Plus we have minny to jump over.

Still...they proved it can be done, with some help.

The Indians had a .750 winning %age for like 2 months in the 2nd half. The Sox were still over .500 in the 2nd half, we just had a bad late-August.

Soriano's at bat to end the game was quite possibly the worst at bat I've ever seen from a major league "hitter".

Paulie's at bat earlier in the game where he waved at an ouside junk curve ball was similarly bad.

On a positive note ... was anybody else so happy to see a baserunner score EASILY from second on a single to left today? When Getz came racing home from second on a single the way it's drawn up? It was nice to realize who was on second and how it wouldn't be station to station when the ball went through the hole. I love the home run but once in a while it's nice to have a no brainer single score a run from second.