NFL Predictions

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 12:43 AM)
Whatever,f*** the Packers.

Do you think you'll get brownie points for talking up the Packers as a supposed Bears fan?

You do realize the Bears have beaten them 7 of the last 10 times,right?

I ain't buying that they are a really good team,my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Massive fail if your Packers lose this Sunday:D

FWIW, the Bears can beat the Packers all they want. It means something, because of playoff possibilities and them being a divisional opponent and all that, but they have 14 other games against other teams. The Packers could go 0-2 against the Bears and 10-4 against the rest of the NFL, and it's still a playoff birth (unless they get royally screwed).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 06:43 AM)
Whatever,f*** the Packers.

Do you think you'll get brownie points for talking up the Packers as a supposed Bears fan?

You do realize the Bears have beaten them 7 of the last 10 times,right?

I ain't buying that they are a really good team,my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Massive fail if your Packers lose this Sunday:D

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
1. Favre is back in the division.

2. All the hype surrounding GB now that he has to live up to.

3. He has to prove that he isn't a 1 year wonder (mixes with point 2).

You guys are both terrific posters. :cheers

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
You guys are both terrific posters. :cheers

And I think you have a great football mind,right up there with Belichick,Parcells etc...

I try never to miss an analysis you post...I tell myself "the football experts say this but what does the Hammerhead think"?

I find it terribly unjust that you aren't on TV enlighting all with your Lombardi like wisdom...Jimmy Jonhson is a fraud compared to The Hammerhead!! :notworthy

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Why not? I mostly put the Bears Super Bowl loss on Rex Grossman. If he's the main factor in giving the ball to the other team, then the blame should be laid on his shoulder.

I saw a defense that was a shade of its former self get annihilated by the Colts that day, not just Grossman throwing 2 picks. I also saw Benson put the ball on the ground. The blame wasnt all Grossmans, although Chicago made it so

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
I saw a defense that was a shade of its former self get annihilated by the Colts that day, not just Grossman throwing 2 picks. I also saw Benson put the ball on the ground. The blame wasnt all Grossmans, although Chicago made it so

No arguement from me about Benson, but I also saw a defense that was on the field so much, because the quarterback of the offense couldn't drive the team down the field, or hold onto the ball.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Well, what do you wanna hear, man? Do you wanna hear that sometimes I think about eatin' a bullet? HUH? Well, I do! I even got a special bullet for the occasion with a hollow point tip! Make sure it blows the back of my god damn head out and do the job right!

crazy-ole-riggs.jpg

Gotta love Lethal Weapon :headbang

As much as I'd like to keep the comedy of this thread going...I'd like to get back to the thread topic...Predictions!

AFC Playoff Teams:Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Titans, Broncos

NFC Playoff Teams:Vikings, Falcons, Eagles, Seahawks, Bears, Panthers

AFC Title Game:Pats over Steelers

NFC Title Game:Falcons over Eagles

Super Bowl:Falcons over Pats.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
As much as I'd like to keep the comedy of this thread going...I'd like to get back to the thread topic...Predictions!

AFC Playoff Teams:Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Titans, Broncos

AFC Title Game:Pats over Steelers

NFC Title Game:Falcons over Eagles

Super Bowl:Falcons over Pats.

NFC:

Vikings, Eagles, Seahawks, Saints, Cowboys, Bears

AFC:

Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Titans, Bengals

Title Games:

Eagles over Vikings

Patriots over Chargers

Super Bowl:

Eagles over Patriots

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
NFC:

Vikings, Eagles, Seahawks, Saints, Cowboys, Bears

The New York Giants have the best offensive line in the NFL. They also have the best defensive line in the NFL. Most people have 'em down as the top super bowl contender in the NFC, and yet, both of you guys have 'em missing the playoffs.

Hold on, gotta go find my gun. :D

Seriously though, a lot of this stuff is beyond belief.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
The New York Giants have the best offensive line in the NFL. They also have the best defensive line in the NFL. Most people have 'em down as the top super bowl contender in the NFC, and yet, both of you guys have 'em missing the playoffs.

Oh s***, you're right...since most people have them down as the top contender in the NFC, so should I!

Your shtick is getting old.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)

They have Eli Manning. Servicable, but nowhere close to a world beater. They don't know who they're number 1 receiver is. I know Nicks is supposed to be good, but he's barely a rookie. Smith right now is supposed to be their #1 guy, and while I was a huge fan at USC, he hasn't shown enough in the NFL yet.

I love their defensive line, especially with Osi coming back, but it takes alot more. There is a lot of questions remaining with them. I think the Eagles will absolutely own that division, and the Cowboys get in with a 9-7 record.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
Oh s***, you're right...since most people have them down as the top contender in the NFC, so should I!

Your shtick is getting old.

You don't have to have the Giants down as the top contender in the NFC, but when you leave 'em out of the playoff picture altogether, well, you know....

I don't have to say it, right?

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
You don't have to have the Giants down as the top contender in the NFC, but when you leave 'em out of the playoff picture altogether, well, you know....

I don't have to say it, right?

You probably do, I have no idea where you're trying to take this.

nitetrain made my point for me already.

Oh, and if you're gonna do another "shock" post...don't bother replying.