Maybe it wouldnt hurt to keep Freddy Garcia around after all...

IamPabloOzuna

As much as I like Felix, when you already have four really good starting pitchers and serious problems in the middle of your lineup and bullpen, spending on another starting pitcher isn't a very good idea.

That said, I'll gladly invite Freddy to ST to compete for the #5 spot. Dude's gettin' it done with the upper 80s fastball and the offspeed stuff.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
Please explain to me how this is true.

He barely spent any time in AAA this year.

He'll start 2010 in AAA unless he blows the Sox brass away in Spring Training. He may get a call up in June or July of 2010 if he's needed, but he probably won't start a season in the rotation until 2011.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
He barely spent any time in AAA this year.

He'll start 2010 in AAA unless he blows the Sox brass away in Spring Training. He may get a call up in June or July of 2010 if he's needed, but he probably won't start a season in the rotation until 2011.

I would hope that his performance in September relief duties or maybe a spot start would factor into their decision more than spring training. He spent very little time at ANY level--and yet they kept moving him up.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
We need to ban you from ths site. I can tell that you would never make it as a MLB GM :lolhitting :lol:

If you have an oppurtunity to add Felix to an already strong rotation- you do it. And ban me from this site?!? :lolhitting never!! My 'offer' was a bit exaggerated because of how much in return Seattle would ask for, and they have every right to ask for the moon for King Felix.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
If you have an oppurtunity to add Felix to an already strong rotation- you do it. And ban me from this site?!? :lolhitting never!! My 'offer' was a bit exaggerated because of how much in return Seattle would ask for, and they have every right to ask for the moon for King Felix.

I don't even think Seattle would make that deal. I think it would take Ramirez, Floyd, and Danks. Possibly a Viciedo or Hudson too. And before people call me an idiot, no I would not make that trade from the Sox perspective, but I got a feeling thats the type of offer it would take to land him.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)

For that sort of investment, the Sox could improve the team a lot more in other areas. The starters are pretty good already.