Red Sox @ White Sox, 3:05PM, FOX

justBLAZE

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)
What is amazing about Floyd so far, as he has nothing on his curve today. He is strictly fastball/Cutter/change out there

He used it as his finisher on one batter earlier in the game, but it’s moving so violently today that I don’t think he trusts it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)
Rios career hitting stats are better than Pods. Better average and better power. Pods has had bad years too.

i know that,i meant based on this year only...rios wouldn't have the big contract if he didn't have those qualities you pointed out

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
If Rios was killing it he wouldnt have been waived. It just seems like he has been a little off, but I think it will correct itself (might not be until next year.)

hasn't he been off a couple years now?,that would be quick of the blue jays to dump him after just basically half a season of sucking

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
If Rios was killing it he wouldnt have been waived. It just seems like he has been a little off, but I think it will correct itself (might not be until next year.)

I think he's going to be useless this season. He needs to get his head on straight over the winter and come in next spring with a new mindset.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
He used it as his finisher on one batter earlier in the game, but it’s moving so violently today that I don’t think he trusts it.

He keeps getting on the side of it, and almost throwing a slider. I don't think he has thrown it close half of the time today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
They need the payroll back, bad.

speaking of which,that blue jays gm is an idiot,he wanted way too much for doc and the phillies did a very smart thing getting lee without giving their future away...nobody is going to give them what they want for halladay

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Last year he hit .291, ops of 778. So its only been this year hes been really struggling.

wow,i didn't realize that,those are good numbers...

i'm too lazy to look up stats of other teams players:p