• I hate Lou Holtz on TV
    • I hate the ND "Tradition"
    • I hate how NBC, ESPN etc treats them special
    • I don't hate Notre Dame

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightd1 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
Am I one of very few people that doesn't like the movie "Rudy"? Seems everryone just loves it and I've always been meh...

you are one of the very few. I'm with you though. There are so many better sports movies out there.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
I just hate Weis. He's a control-freak, jackass that can't handle criticism. A wannabe Belichick, but nowhere near as good of a coach.

I like ND otherwise. When I went to my 1st ND game last Fall, I had a blast. Completely different atmosphere than an SEC game, but just as cool I thought. So much tradition there. Plus, Rudy is my favorite movie of all time, so that may help.

I don't know if you are able to talk about coaches anymore

Anyone who hates Notre Dame needs to go to South Bend one time and attend a Notre Dame Football game with an open mind. You will never experience anything like that anywhere.

Go Irish.

To the Notre Dame=Cubs give me a break no matter what teams you hate in any sport you're going to think their fans are annoying and biased.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
I hate that a team that hasn't been very good in my lifetime is forced down my throat year after year.

And I hate that that has to happen to you. Obviously I'm a white sox fan so I can deal with low media attention I don't need NBC and ESPN to go crazy on us, and I'm not a fan of the team just because of the media attention.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
I don't know if you are able to talk about coaches anymore

Kiffin may be cocky as s***, but he doesn't ban media from news conferences for talking poorly about the program like Weis does. He's instilled so much confidence in the program (both fans and players) it's awesome. I love the guy. He's made me more excited for a football season here than I've ever been in the past.

And while I grew up an Illinois fan (my dad and whole family went there), Zook is a joke. He's f***ing awful. I was so pissed at the performance they gave on Saturday. What a joke. Illinois didn't look prepared at all... Zook is a great recruiter, but I see why Florida fans hate him with a passion. I don't think Illinois should fire him, though, even if they don't do well this season b/c he's the best they're going to get. Illinois is a middle-tier program as much as it saddens me to say (since I was an Illinois fan for my entire life), but they're nowhere near what they should be. I thought they should be top-tier every year, but after the Missouri game, maybe they just aren't that good.

Edit: So I was hammered and thought this was the college football thread when I posted this, not the ND thread, but i'm leaving my Illinois rant anyway.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:04 AM)
/fixed

Do it and then fix my post. People at ND actually care about what's happening on the field. They actually give a f*** about their team which is what makes the entire experience awesome.

My favorite part of your post is where you left out the part that makes your post worthless.

Cubs =/= Notre Dame

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:09 AM)
Do it and then fix my post. People at ND actually care about what's happening on the field. They actually give a f*** about their team which is what makes the entire experience awesome.

My favorite part of your post is where you left out the part that makes your post worthless.

Cubs =/= Notre Dame

Well, do you expect me to leave that in there when my post was saying the exact opposite thing? :lol:

You're right, though. They're very polarizing. Luckily it's been a very good couple of decades for those of us who hate them.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
Well, do you expect me to leave that in there when my post was saying the exact opposite thing? :lol:

You're right, though. They're very polarizing. Luckily it's been a very good couple of decades for those of us who hate them.

And I've only been alive for those decades :(

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Pretty much. The ND/Cubs comparison is dead on, right down to the so called game experience.

Yep because you know the last night Notre Dame won the national championship was in 1908, and the fans love this lovable loser thing that been placed on the team. The fans also love going to notre dame stadium to get drunk and look at the hot girls.

Nope the fans actually care about the football game that is happening, and they actually care about the record of their team year in and year out. Why else would Charlie Weis be on the hot seat after 2 bad years right after 2 BCS years?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
Well, no, it's really not the same kind of game experience at all.

I didn't mean it like that. Just the way the fans like to talk about the "experience" of going to a game, as if it transcends everything everything going on elsewhere. I come from a big Notre Dame family and have been to plenty of games in my day, but I could have fun tailgating early in the morning then attending a good football game just about anywhere.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (kev211 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Yep because you know the last night Notre Dame won the national championship was in 1908, and the fans love this lovable loser thing that been placed on the team. The fans also love going to notre dame stadium to get drunk and look at the hot girls.

Nope the fans actually care about the football game that is happening, and they actually care about the record of their team year in and year out. Why else would Charlie Weis be on the hot seat after 2 bad years right after 2 BCS years?

Well, it's not like they were that good or deserved those BCS appearances. He's rightfully on the hot seat because he's not that good at his job.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
Well, it's not like they were that good or deserved those BCS appearances. He's rightfully on the hot seat because he's not that good at his job.

He's had 4 top 20 recruiting classes since coming in, and is no longer forced to play freshman like he was the last two years. He isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Then again I could probably recruit a top 20 class for Notre Dame.