White Sox Winner!

Balta1701

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
We paid them back for the fiasco road trip and our visit to Beantown. Too bad it may be too late

May? The good news is that the way the Tigers are playing right now, we woldn;t have caught them even without the disastrous road trip.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
24-13 in our last 37 home games.

Yeah, we have really turned it around at home. Too bad our fortunes have reversed themselves on the road as well. I remember as of the ASB, we were actually a pretty solid road team. Of course, trips to Boston, NY, Detroit, and several to Minnesota will do that...

Now, that was a fun game. Buehrle had about one pitch working for him today, and he gutted though a great game. TCQ delivered right when we needed him too, and the back-end of the pen shut it the hell down. Tony Pena was damn impressive today. He had that slider working to perfection, and his fastball placement was the best he's had all year. That’s a White Sox Series Winner.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
I was surprised at how empty the ballpark was today considering it was a holiday against Boston. The Cell is going to be an empty place the last 11 games if today was any indication.

Hawk mentioned during the broadcast that Labor Day typically is not a good attendance game.

Huh? If we went .500 on the road trip we'd only be a couple games back.

Yup, I"d have remained optimistic til the end had we just kept it w/in four games (five max in loss column) entering all those games with the Tigers. The road trip took care of that. It's amazing we've become a damn good home team; pretty bad road club.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
Yup, I"d have remained optimistic til the end had we just kept it w/in four games (five max in loss column) entering all those games with the Tigers. The road trip took care of that. It's amazing we've become a damn good home team; pretty bad road club.

It's not that amazing that the team is playing well at home. It was amazing how bad they were playing at home earlier this season. Playing well at home is the norm for most teams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
It's not that amazing that the team is playing well at home. It was amazing how bad they were playing at home earlier this season. Playing well at home is the norm for most teams.

Last road trip not withstanding-the poor home record prior to this IS the difference.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
The best news is we shut up all those red clad Bosox fans who invaded our stadium. 3 of 4 is a nice way to shut them up.

I wonder if there were any or many fights between Sox and Sox fans.

I was there yesterday and everyone seemed pretty cordial towards one another. I had pretty good seats though, so the level of class may have been a little higher than say.. the bleachers or something.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Until you piss in their chowda.

The thing is, I really like chowda, and Boston is one of my favorite cities to spend time in, so I got along with the Boston faithful pretty well, especially since both teams are pretty comfortable in their place in the playoff race.