Peavy claims to be ready

PeavyTime

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
:lolhitting

I love how the Cubs are always doomed to mediocrity.

The Cubs are like an expensive date for the Cubs fans.

They spend so much money on dinner and movie, and then don't get any action later.

Then, when they demand more things, the fans shell out more. But now, they don't get any action OR teasing.

I still don't know what the big deal is about getting him one or two starts this season.

With the way our season has gone, he'll probably screw up his arm.

Why the urge to pitch him once or twice? I guess we're clinging to the hope we can sweep Detroit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
I still don't know what the big deal is about getting him one or two starts this season.

Why the urge to pitch him once or twice? I guess we're clinging to the hope we can sweep Detroit.

You know, it's better to hope for the best, than to expect the worst.

You asked why people boo certain players, it's because they don't settle and don't expect the worst. They want winning, even if the team is out of it.

If you get complacent, you become like a Pirates fan and never care whether your team wins or not.

Don't give up until the season's over. Your psyche would be healthier for it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)

Because it will be exciting to watch Peavy pitch, and it gives us some hope in the off season, assuming he pitches well.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Obviously they'd bench Torres but why does it matter when the next time we'd need a 5th starter would be?

I don't know if they'd want guys to pitch on 5 days rest or not.

Seems to me that you'd be less sharp than you'd be on 4 days rest.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
I don't know if they'd want guys to pitch on 5 days rest or not.

Seems to me that you'd be less sharp than you'd be on 4 days rest.

I'm sure there's data on this but I have no problem, at the end of a season, with going with a 6 man rotation for 2 weeks. 5 days rest is just the equivalent of an extra offday strewn in there.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
I guess it all depends on whether the Sox are still in it after this week.

If the Sox fall flat against Detroit in the first couple, then go ahead and give Torres or Hudson a start or two. Peavy can have a start or two also, but with like na 80 pitch limit, just so that he gets the feel of it a bit again before the end of the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
I'm sure there's data on this but I have no problem, at the end of a season, with going with a 6 man rotation for 2 weeks. 5 days rest is just the equivalent of an extra offday strewn in there.

6 man? Only if we are way out of it, and we won't be all season

Mark Gonzalez says next weekend in KC. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3042462.story

Gonzalez also said he'd pitch against the Angels or Mariners http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,4947601.story so take it for what it's worth.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
Mark Gonzalez says next weekend in KC. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3042462.story

Gonzalez also said he'd pitch against the Angels or Mariners http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,4947601.story so take it for what it's worth.

The Royals would be a nice place to start for him.

Do you guys see any rational reason Peavy pitches again this season?

We're seven back in the loss column again. What would it prove? He's our No. 1 next season. Great.

Let him rest up. What good does it do for anybody to have him pitch? I don't get it.

He'll probably sell more tickets with the mystery of Peavy still out there. I really really hope he doesn't get hurt during his start or two.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)

We're seven back in the loss column again. What would it prove? He's our No. 1 next season. Great.

Let him rest up. What good does it do for anybody to have him pitch? I don't get it.

He'll probably sell more tickets with the mystery of Peavy still out there. I really really hope he doesn't get hurt during his start or two.

If he is healthy and recovered from his injuries, what is the point of shutting him down?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)

If we're out of it then why start any of our everyday starters? What's the point. Rest everyone.