Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09

Rex Kickass

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Damn, Obama is a good speaker.

I hate looking at Nancy Pelosi.

Rahm Emmanuel should stop with the fake and bake.

I like how they made the mistake and put in a place where the Dems could applaud the Canadian health care system. I always loved when Bush made those.

Wow, now he's really challenging them by calling "lies" "lies". Some serious boos/hoots from the right on that one.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
I like how they made the mistake and put in a place where the Dems could applaud the Canadian health care system. I always loved when Bush made those.

Wow, now he's really challenging them by calling "lies" "lies". Some serious boos/hoots from the right on that one.

There is some serious balls attached to this speech. There's not a lot of "big speech" bulls*** in this "big speech."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
You know that won't be the focus. He'll be criticized for attacking Bush in the speech. And, really, I think it was kinda stupid. Provides too easy of a distraction from what the speech is actually about.

He got away with saying "The time for putting off making hard choices is over" with that guy sitting over his shoulder on Jan 20th.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/...ed_You_lie.html

The heckler, Congressman Joe Wilson, R-SC.

Stay classy, Congressman Wilson!

The president of the united states is still the president. Respect the office especially when he is addressing congress. If you are so bent out of shape over what is said, rebut it later.

On another note, what is with the crazy color scheme by the female members of congress. It looks like JC Pennies had a sale on red.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
The president of the united states is still the president. Respect the office especially when he is addressing congress. If you are so bent out of shape over what is said, rebut it later.

It works for the Prime Minister across the pond.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Not in this kind of setting. There's a difference between an address and "question time."

Respect the office. I thought it was outrageous when the Code Pink jackasses interrupted Bush's speeches. They however are not elected officials. The elected officals should know that is about the office of the president.

The other thing is the pep rally affect. This has been going on for years. One side jumps up, claps like they never heard such a great thing. The other side keeps sitting, makes faces and looks grumpy. The dems did it with bush, and the republicans are doing it with Obama. Its dumb either way. How about a new rule ( not to sound Bill Maherish ). Keep your ass in the seat until the speech is over. No response to the speech until its over good or bad. Its a speech, not an interactive talk.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
Respect the office. I thought it was outrageous when the Code Pink jackasses interrupted Bush's speeches. They however are not elected officials. The elected officals should know that is about the office of the president.

The other thing is the pep rally affect. This has been going on for years. One side jumps up, claps like they never heard such a great thing. The other side keeps sitting, makes faces and looks grumpy. The dems did it with bush, and the republicans are doing it with Obama. Its dumb either way. How about a new rule ( not to sound Bill Maherish ). Keep your ass in the seat until the speech is over. No response to the speech until its over good or bad. Its a speech, not an interactive talk.

Yes to all of it. I was fairly impressed with this speech, I gotta say.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)

Yeah, I will grant...you didn't exactly expect a Congressman to go all code pink.