Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09

Rex Kickass

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
"You LIE." You can argue about whether this should have been said in that forum, but i don't think anyone can disagree that, that took a lot of cajones to say.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
The apology took 1.5 hours to come out.

I don't understand what these posts are referring to.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 07:39 AM)
I don't understand what these posts are referring to.

On the live-stream I didn't catch what the heckler actually said. Was it "Liar!" or "You lie!" It was an ugly moment in the Congress and I don't remember anyone heckling a president's speech before. But it is, in fact, the GOP's current position. Their position is to demonize this man. Karl Rove's op-ed on the speech went up on the WSJ website before the speech was even over, declaring it a failure and nothing new.

But there was something clarifying about a Southern good ol' boy yelling "Liar" at the president over illegal immigration. That's what the GOP now is: the worst aspects of the old Democratic party combined with a nihilism that is only eclipsed by its catastrophic governance for the past eight years. Defeating these morons and actually creating a discourse for reform is what we elected Obama to do.

But they still insist on doing it to themselves, don't they? That's the silver lining.

LINK

There's no doubt that Joe Wilson will become a wingnut celebrity. Benen:

Bruce Bartlett noted thi
s
morning, "He'
s
become the new
S
arah Palin of the Republican Party, where one'
s
popularity i
s
in inver
s
e proportion to one'
s
s
tupidity -- the
s
tupider a Republican i
s
the
s
e day
s
the more popular he or
s
he become
s
."

Here's an illustration of this equation. The wingnuts might love him, but Wilson's opponent raised $41,000 last night based on Wilson's disrespectful outburst. $41,000 in a couple hours. Good job, Wilson!

LINK

Not sure if this was brought up or not yet. Seems when Obama tried to tell us all that a woman had her insurance cancelled because of acne, he didn't tell us the whole truth. It was acne and a rapid heartbeat which she knowlingly concealed from her insurance company. But hey acne, rapid heartbeat, all the same, right?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...ft=1&f=1001

One of Barton's constituents, Robin Beaton of Waxahachie, Texas, did know that her health history included acne and a rapid heartbeat. But she didn't think they were relevant to her current health and left them off her application.