The lineup needed

witesoxfan

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
Nix has a history of being a plus defender at both middle infield positions, whereas Getz' rep is good but not great at 2B, so going in, Nix looked better. But this season with the Sox, Nix has looked not nearly as good as Getz at 2B. That's not to say it will stay that way, but, that's been the story this year.

No he wasn't. He was considered all world at 2B only, and from what I've seen of him, he's still outstanding. Changing from 2B to SS/3B/LF/RF would f*** up anyone's defense when you aren't playing the same spot everyday. He's been serviceable at the other spots but 2B is by far his best position even though he's made more boneheaded mistakes than he does. (then again.. most of the team has) He is still a plus defender a 2B especially when given the time there.

BTW wite, I love that lineup. Anything to get JD off of it is a plus. The sox record hasn't been pretty the second half when he's been on it.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
Wow, you do not know how wrong you are here. Nix is the best fielder on our team.

Not this year he isn't. And that is what he is seeing.

I'm not saying Getz is better than Nix necessarily, but this season, he has been. Nix has had major issues this year defensively, in comparison to his previous reputation.

Nix has a history of being a plus defender at both middle infield positions, whereas Getz' rep is good but not great at 2B, so going in, Nix looked better. But this season with the Sox, Nix has looked not nearly as good as Getz at 2B. That's not to say it will stay that way, but, that's been the story this year.

I can see where you are coming from. He has made more silly errors than Getz, but I believe his superior range makes up for it.

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
I like this lineup:

1. Pods CF

2. Bacon 3B

3. Ramirez SS

4. Quentin LF

5. PK 1B

6. AJ C

7. Dye DH

8. Getz 2B

9. Rios RF

I'd DH Pods, put Rios in CF and Dye in RF given that lineup.

As for Nix vs. Getz. All I ever hear is how good of a fielder Nix is, but he has been AWFUL this season. And Getz is a better hitter. Give me Getz any day, including against lefties.

Excuse me, sir.

NEXT TIME I WILL SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE IF SOMEONE HAS SOMETHING IN THEIR SIGNATURE that's not even 100% correct, unless we're willing to say that our own CF is even worse.

Because apparently people have nothing better to do than complain about other posters or yell "you lie!" at the President. What ever happened to civility in our society?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
Right now Getz is a better hitter than Beckham . Move Getz or Alexei to 2nd in the order.Dye and Rios don't belong in the same lineup the way they both are hitting.

The lack of offense from both Rios and Dye is even more reason to go with Rios in CF and Kotsay in RF. Since we're not going to be putting up a bunch of runs every night out, we need to prevent every run we can.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
Excuse me, sir.

NEXT TIME I WILL SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE IF SOMEONE HAS SOMETHING IN THEIR SIGNATURE that's not even 100% correct, unless we're willing to say that our own CF is even worse.

Because apparently people have nothing better to do than complain about other posters or yell "you lie!" at the President. What ever happened to civility in our society?

but really, Ryan Sweeney hasn't been that good this year.