Chicago's Finest

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
Frank Thomas: 2 spots better than Jay Cutler.

Well, sure!

I mean, while Thomas was arguably the most-feared hitter in baseball for 7 years, and was, again "arguably" (although I certainly wouldn't argue it) the greatest offensive force in White Sox history.....

....Jay Cutler's ALMOST played a regular-season game for the Bears!

That sounds like a two-spot difference to me.

Asinine.

That may be the worst list I have ever seen. Notice how he talks about the absence of Ditka and Jackson because they just coached here, yet the put Ozzie at 15 ahead of big Frank, and his reasons for putting him on the list are entirely about him managing. Oh and did I mention the order of this list is terrible!

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 12:07 AM)
Sosa ahead of Payton?!!!

Yeah wtf? Payton is a deity in Chicago. I get all the stuff Sosa did but come on...?

And where's Mike Singletary? Sure limited space and all. But that's pretty glaring.

Edited by lostfan

Payton should be #1 in my mind, but that's just me.

Where is Da Coach? Ditka won a Title with the Bears in 1963 and exemplified CHICAGO tough...then after the franchise wallowed in mediocrity (or worse) from the late 60s to the early 80s, Ditka was brought in and promptly coached one of the more storied and feared teams ever. He brought back "Bear pride" and taught a new generation of players what it meant to wear the colors.

Ditka's got TWO major drawbacks in my mind: His teams never repeated and Sweetness didn't get a Super Bowl TD when Perry did. But he put his stamp on the city when he played and coached...

Sosa even on the list is a joke.

I'd also move Luckman into the Top 10...he QB'd arguably the most dominant Bears teams in history...the one true, bonafide dynasty the Bears had was orchestrated by Sid Luckman...the team could have been even more devestating had World War II not broken it up, but they surely made their mark in many ways.

Sid moves up

Ditka moves in

Payton moves up

Sammy moves out