We now control our own destiny

GoodAsGould

Seriously,Detroit's lead can be easily down to a couple of games by the time we play them,they are just not that good of a team.

With a healthy Peavy,our rotation is as good as any in baseball,our bullpen needs to step up and we gotta shore up our D but there are some interesting games still left in 09 for us :shades

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously,Detroit's lead can be easily down to a couple of games by the time we play them,they are just not that good of a team.

Just think if we'd continued our .500 ways on that road trip from hell. I'd be excited if we were 2 out in loss column. We're still in the miracle stages, folks. We're way behind in the loss column. It'd be one of the biggest chokes in baseball history if Detroit folded. We need to win this series. We haven't even won a series in a while.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
Just think if we'd continued our .500 ways on that road trip from hell. I'd be excited if we were 2 out in loss column. We're still in the miracle stages, folks. We're way behind in the loss column. It'd be one of the biggest chokes in baseball history if Detroit folded. We need to win this series. We haven't even won a series in a while.

The same thing basically happened last year, Greg. Not saying the odds are good, but it's not quite as uncommon as you believe.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
It would definitely be exciting to see Detroit continue staggering and the Sox sneak in. I just wish were were a tad bit closer.

A half game seems like it could equate to a ''tad bit''. So my question is... would you stop all your whining that we have endured this entire season if we were a half game closer? How about a full game closer *gasp*?

Caulfield and yourself easily are two of the most predictable people i have ever encountered in any way, shape, or form.