Alex "Mother-Bleeper" Rios

Quin

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
Yet the $10M Dye lovefest is allowed to loyally continue.

They should make up some injury and say he has had it all year to at least try and get him a decent contract.

Dye will get a nice two year deal from Texas to be their DH, don't worry.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
It's so obvious. He's pulling off the ball and not using his legs. Thus, even when he hits the ball good, it's off the end of the bat because the barrel of the bat is already through the zone.

THANK YOU!!!! my seats are down first base line and my unprofessional eye could see that. I tried to explain it to the people in our area

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
THANK YOU!!!! my seats are down first base line and my unprofessional eye could see that. I tried to explain it to the people in our area

How many weak foul balls has he squibbed down the first base line. If you watch one game, you will hear Hawk say "Rios cues that one foul" probably 2 or 3 times.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
Maybe Ozzie can go off on Dye next? Why does he keep on getting a free pass?

Cause the organization could care less about him turning it around for next season, since they know he won't be back? If the money we were allocating for Dye goes to Figgins, then I won't be upset.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Cause the organization could care less about him turning it around for next season, since they know he won't be back? If the money we were allocating for Dye goes to Figgins, then I won't be upset.

That is a great point. I would love if we took the money Dye is making, and put it to sign Figgins.

Edited by SoxPride56

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)

I kind of hope Podesednik is brought back I never really thought that much of him and now i think he has figured somehting out...

He would be a great 4th outfielder with Figgins.

I would like the DH spot to be for a guy that needs a couple of days off.

I really hope they bring Kotsay back to hit RHP that sucks.....you know, the AA f***ers Guillen was talking about.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
That is a great point. I would love if we took the money Dye is making, and put it to sign Figgins.

I'm also thankful that if Dye really is hitting the wall and his skills have deteriorated this quickly, at least he did it in the 2nd half this year instead of next season after signing a 2 or 3 year extension.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
I'm also thankful that if Dye really is hitting the wall and his skills have deteriorated this quickly, at least he did it in the 2nd half this year instead of next season after signing a 2 or 3 year extension.

Fathom, you are on a roll...another great point! We only have to deal with Dye and his struggles for only a half of a year compared to 2 or 3 years. I just hope to see a different offense next year. No more of this home run of nothing.

Yet the $10M Dye lovefest is allowed to loyally continue.

They should make up some injury and say he has had it all year to at least try and get him a decent contract.

What lovefest?

Most people are expecting him to be gone after this season. We're not comitted to pay him $60 million either. That's where the concern is.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)

We need a power hitter with a HIGH avg/obp/rbi we don't have that. PK isn't consistent enough, Quentin is a question mark.. that don't leave anyone else with 20+ HR potential. We need a Matt Holliday type so our offense WON'T suck 1-9 almost every game.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
We need a power hitter with a HIGH avg/obp/rbi we don't have that. PK isn't consistent enough, Quentin is a question mark.. that don't leave anyone else with 20+ HR potential. We need a Matt Holliday type so our offense WON'T suck 1-9 almost every game.

Holliday ISN'T coming here.

Oz says a lot of stuff, Los. Recently he took all the blame, remember? He said the season was his fault.

He just is one of those guys who doesn't shut up.

I kind of like him for it. Really, in this PC age, what other manager says the kind of s*** Ozzie does?

Maybe Piniella once in a while? Most of them are boing PC machines.

A-Rod pays a shrink to help him w/ his hitting from a metal side and a personal trainer to get his body ready. My point is that a guy who makes that much money (alex rios, a-rod, jeter, etc) should have a good sports shrink & a good personal trainer. Being a baseball player is very hard and it has pressure that normal humans cannot take. He has great ability but now he should take some resposibility for that abilit & potential.

Two things:

1. Bulk up-I have seen Rios actually connect on several well hit balls since he has joined the sox, but the ball just doesn't seem to carry. I think he needs to bulk up properly-with a trainer.

2. Head Doctor- Maybe, get 1 or 2 sports Psychologists to work on his mental approach to the game. It is not an easy game for average minded players

Edited by soxfan-kwman

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 03:55 AM)
Probably not but we need a power/high avg hitter who can drive in 100+ runs. That's another hole in this team. Vlad Guerrero/Abreau/Matsui will all be free agents next year too.

Interesting take cause when we have those guys, and we still have those kind of guys, and they are clicking we are happy. When they slump like now and in the past we have folks calling for their heads and saying we need to retool into a small ball club. I personally think we have the pieces right in our own backyard to compete in 2010. A new year can make all the difference

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
A-Rod pays a shrink to help him w/ his hitting from a metal side and a personal trainer to get his body ready. My point is that a guy who makes that much money (alex rios, a-rod, jeter, etc) should have a good sports shrink & a good personal trainer. I hav seen Rios actually connect on balls, but the ball just dies. I think he needs to bulk up properly-with a trainer. Maybe, get 1 or 2 sports Psychologists to work on his mental approach to the game.

Are you suggesting steroids :o :P

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
A-Rod pays a shrink to help him w/ his hitting from a metal side and a personal trainer to get his body ready. My point is that a guy who makes that much money (alex rios, a-rod, jeter, etc) should have a good sports shrink & a good personal trainer. I hav seen Rios actually connect on balls, but the ball just dies. I think he needs to bulk up properly-with a trainer. Maybe, get 1 or 2 sports Psychologists to work on his mental approach to the game.

He should also get a wash cloth to clean all the sand out of his vagina.

I kid! I kid!