Payton Family Wants To Put A Statue Around Soldier Field

knightni

People need to realize that the Bears add nothing to Solider Field and the Park District. If the Bears left Solider Field, the Park District would make more money on Soldier Field.

The Park District could give two s***s about the Bears and Walter Payton and anything they want, neither organization will do anything to benefit the other.

I personally think the Olympics could transform many of the Chicago sports venues, including the Cell, Wrigley and Soldier Field.

The best stadium in Chicago is Toyota Park.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
I personally think the Olympics could transform many of the Chicago sports venues, including the Cell, Wrigley and Soldier Field.

The problem is that the first two you mentioned there wont be used at all for the Olympics. Baseball and Softball are out of the Olympics for the near future.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
The problem is that the first two you mentioned there wont be used at all for the Olympics. Baseball and Softball are out of the Olympics for the near future.

I think the actual buildout and renovations proposed now and what actually takes place before 2016 will be vastly different. After there are guarantees on the table I think other private money will become available.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
I think the actual buildout and renovations proposed now and what actually takes place before 2016 will be vastly different. After there are guarantees on the table I think other private money will become available.

Oh probably so. but I dont see how they can use Wrigley or the Cell for anything. I SUPPOSE they could use it for things like archery, but facilities like those are overkill for smaller events.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Oh probably so. but I dont see how they can use Wrigley or the Cell for anything. I SUPPOSE they could use it for things like archery, but facilities like those are overkill for smaller events.

There won't be anyone leaning over the railings to catch a souvenier there.

People need to realize that the Bears add nothing to Solider Field and the Park District. If the Bears left Solider Field, the Park District would make more money on Soldier Field.

The Park District could give two s***s about the Bears and Walter Payton and anything they want, neither organization will do anything to benefit the other.

Ewww. Toyota Park looks hideous, it looks like that oil compound in "Mad Max 2: the Road Warrior".

If it wasn't for the Bears, there wouldn't have been $600 million worth of improvements for the Park District to make money on any other events, of which the Bears contributed $249 million. Soldier Field would still be a dilapitated dump. They better care about the Bears. In fact, if the Bears never played there, I question if it would even be in use today. 99.9% of its recognition in Chicago and the rest of the world is because of the Bears, and Walter Payton is probably the greatest Bear of them all. Certainly the greatest Bear to play his entire career at Soldier Field. I don't see where having his statue on Soldier Field ground is a slap in the face of fallen soldiers.

Edited by Dick Allen