Sox consider shutting down Floyd and Buehrle

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:32 AM)
Barring injury, I would say with about 95% certainty that it is going to be Garcia.

I've watched KW do his thing for too long to put 95% certainty on any open position at the end of the season. Its a long offseason.

Also, if its Freddy, we won't know until well into ST which version of Freddy we would get.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
1-4, who cares what order they go in... Buehrle should start opening day for tradition's sake. But after that, it should be 1-2-3-4, and skip the 5th whenever you can. The problem with the Sox is that they don't skip the 5th starter enough.

Next year, I want the top four to start at least 33 games.

Barring injury and off day swaps, it would be 33-33-32-32-32 starts. I just do not see that big of a difference in setting a goal of taking two starts away from the 5th starter, whomever he is, to get to 33-33-33-33-30.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:35 AM)
I've watched KW do his thing for too long to put 95% certainty on any open position at the end of the season. Its a long offseason.

Also, if its Freddy, we won't know until well into ST which version of Freddy we would get.

Unless there is something we don't know about. He is only going to get better. Odds are he should recover another mile or two at least worth of velocity, as is the usual progression after the surgery he had. I doubt he ever gets back to 95-96, but if he gets back to 92-93, his off speed stuff is enough to carry him to a very solid season.