Tyler Perry sitcoms

son of a rude

Tyler Perry is a comedic genius. My tivo is filled up with Tyler Perry's House of Payne and meet the browns (need to make room for the cleveland show). kind of pisses me off when the sox are on WCIU because i dont get to watch house of payne. anybody else really enjoy his shows?

Edited by son of a rude

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)
Tyler Perry is a comedic genius. My tivo is filled up with Tyler Perry's House of Payne and meet the browns (need to make room for the cleveland show). kind of pisses me off when the sox are on WCIU because i dont get to watch house of payne. anybody else really enjoy his shows?

Are you a brother by any chance? :D

I've never liked his shows, yet again, I don't like most sitcoms.

No. I can't stand "House of Payne", the comedy comes across as too forced. It's also embarrassing for me to watch because I can tell they're trying to be funny. I hate sitcoms like that, I like sitcoms where the humor comes across naturally, like "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia", "Testees", "the Bernie Mac Show", "Office", etc etc.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
I imagine he is being very sarcastic.

But if he's not, I have something to cheer you up. When the Sox play on WCIU and you can't watch his shows, just rent one of his 15 movies that come out annually.

"AH HA HA! LOOK! IT'S TYLER PERRY DRESSED AS AN OLD LADY! GUYS IN DRAG ARE FUNNY! WOOOOOHOOOO!"

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
No. I can't stand "House of Payne", the comedy comes across as too forced. It's also embarrassing for me to watch because I can tell they're trying to be funny. I hate sitcoms like that, I like sitcoms where the humor comes across naturally, like "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia", "Testees", "the Bernie Mac Show", "Office", etc etc.

House of Payne is funnier than Always sunny and Testees.