St. Louis

Sox72

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 06:58 AM)
I took you for a huge Nelly fan...I guess not.

:lolhitting

My company softball team would go to St. Louis for a tournament every year in late August.

I imagine Hell is probably a lot like late-August St. Louis.

The only things I like at all about St. Louis are the Cardinals and the Blues, and they'd both be well-served to move away.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
wow.......you all made me feel good about this decision

LOL, sorry about that!

I just really hated going there. Never found many good restaurants, the weather was hot and humid with no breeze, the downtown area was dilapidated, and I only got to see old Busch Stadium, which was a toilet.

I really do hope you have a good experience living there, though!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
I imagine Hell is probably a lot like late-August St. Louis.

Oh my god yes. It's awful. That city is a pit. My experiences in St. Louis generally haven't warranted anything spectacular, but I've also been in the St. Charles area more often (the Ameristar is pretty badass).

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)
I've lived in St. Louis for about 6 years now and I haven't found any Sox bars. The Tin Can on Morgan Ford has some Bears fans. Where do you live?

In the Central West End. We rented out the back room of a bar for the Bears game today. I have 2 more years of law school at Wash U and I have to find something to get me through this. This city doesn't compare to Chicago.

I talk so much s*** on STL people because their weird fascination with STL as if there is nothing better and it is the mecca for all the mizzou kids. And their weird "what high school did you go to" reliance in conversation.

But, that city is not as bad as I thought. For one, city museum makes it better than many cities, for that one addition. For two, papi's bbq is really good. And their bar strips aren't terrible. Central west end is not my scene and it's just as meat-heady as Lincoln Park, really. But, anyways, there are some really pretty parts of that city, and, as a compliment they have a lot of things that make st. louis - st. louis. It has a lot more personality then f'n indianapolis or houston and s***.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
Hey all,

I unfortunately just moved to St. Louis and am learning quickly how much better Chicago is. Does anyone happen to know any White Sox bars in the area? Not likely, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Or, even more relevant now, any Bears bars?

I can't remember what the name of the restaurant was when I went down there for a baseball tourney. But there is a really good restaurant that is full of baseball memorabilia and commemorates Ozzie Smith, if only I remembered the name.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)
I can't remember what the name of the restaurant was when I went down there for a baseball tourney. But there is a really good restaurant that is full of baseball memorabilia and commemorates Ozzie Smith, if only I remembered the name.

I'm pretty sure Smith owns that restaurant. If you were ever at one time a remotely famous st. louis cardinal you can retire with a successful restaurant in StL. They inexplicably flock to anything remotely tied to that org.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)

Yeah that restaurant is awesome. His gold gloves are there and their food is pretty good. I was there this summer.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
It has a lot more personality then f'n indianapolis

How right you are. I've only been there a few times (I go to IU, so it's about an hour away), but every time I have...ew. The downtown area is like a block long, and the circle center is cool, but that's about it. I will say that Conseco Fieldhouse is pretty awesome, though.

As for St. Louis, it had some cool things about them, but the awful weather is enough to keep me away from there.

Minneapolis>>>>St. Louis

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
How right you are. I've only been there a few times (I go to IU, so it's about an hour away), but every time I have...ew. The downtown area is like a block long, and the circle center is cool, but that's about it. I will say that Conseco Fieldhouse is pretty awesome, though.

As for St. Louis, it had some cool things about them, but the awful weather is enough to keep me away from there.

Minneapolis>>>>St. Louis

I like that you say awful weather keeps you away from St. Louis yet you like Minneapolis. Our ideas of awful weather are very different.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
I talk so much s*** on STL people because their weird fascination with STL as if there is nothing better and it is the mecca for all the mizzou kids. And their weird "what high school did you go to" reliance in conversation.

But, that city is not as bad as I thought. For one, city museum makes it better than many cities, for that one addition. For two, papi's bbq is really good. And their bar strips aren't terrible. Central west end is not my scene and it's just as meat-heady as Lincoln Park, really. But, anyways, there are some really pretty parts of that city, and, as a compliment they have a lot of things that make st. louis - st. louis. It has a lot more personality then f'n indianapolis or houston and s***.

Indianapolis sucks.