Italy vs USA in the BWC

Cubano

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
Whats the deal with this world cup tournament? Is there an age limit? If Wasserman is there, I guess its not amateur only. Its during the MLB season, so it cant be taken too seriously, since so many teams are missing their best players.

The Sox sent a few AAA guys who weren't on the 40 man roster - Wassermann, and Josh Kroeger, for example.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:03 AM)
I saw that Wassermann through 2.2 IP scoreless in the US win that got them to the finals. Finals are this week I think, right?

It didn't get them in the finals. They were already going. That was the last game of the 2nd round of round robin. The US went undefeated, but the top 4 teams advanced. 8 teams are left.

USA lost against Venezuela in the first round. The losses in the first round did not count. USA is 4 and 0. Cuba, Puerto Rico and The Netherlands are 3 and 1. Australia may be 3 and 1 too. Teams from one group will play the teams fron another group. The two teams with the most victories will play a final game. Wins from the second round count. Round three is about to begin.

The USA team has players from the minors. I think they can have players outside the 40 man roster. Pedro Alvarez may be in the 40 man roster though. I do not have time to check now.