Zambrano: Sox One of Three Teams He Would Go To

LVSoxFan

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Th...?urn=mlb,190843

You know, two, three years ago I would have said: scoop this guy up! How great would that be to have another stud in the bullpen.

Nowadays? I dunno. Besides his selfish attitude and head-case-itis, that's an awfully big salary to pay for a guy who really didn't deliver much this year.

Or, is he just the kind of "project" that needs a Don Cooper overhaul and next thing you know we have another ace?

Thoughts?

I'm leaning no (I also don't know what we'd have to trade for him) but it is intriguing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys should have heard Coop a few days ago when Rongey asked him about this. Coop said "There is no chance that asshole comes and plays here. You got that? That asshole isnt playing here"

Not completely verbatim, but VERY close. And he called him an asshole about 4-7 times in a small period of time

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
Why do we suddenly think it's a great idea to take on all the chaff that is ruining the Cubs?

:lolhitting

I mean, it makes sense he'd want to come to us. Moving is a lot of work when you are a fat lazy ******.

Edited by bmags

Yo calm down everybody! I was just throwing it out there to see what the reaction was. Like I said: two years ago I would have thought--get him.

Now, not so much.

And if Coop is badmouthing him like that, well, that just about does it, doesn't it?

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)

You know, two, three years ago I would have said: scoop this guy up! How great would that be to have another stud in the bullpen.

Nowadays? I dunno. Besides his selfish attitude and head-case-itis, that's an awfully big salary to pay for a guy who really didn't deliver much this year.

Or, is he just the kind of "project" that needs a Don Cooper overhaul and next thing you know we have another ace?

Thoughts?

I'm leaning no (I also don't know what we'd have to trade for him) but it is intriguing.

It would be great, but what would Zambrano do for that?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Strange to say, but we don't need another pitcher.

Yeppo!! Peavy, Buerhle, Floyd, Danks and Hudson/Garcia is as good as it comes.

KW's to do list should be as follows:

1. Fix the mess that is known as our bullpen.

2. Find a long term solution at the leadoff spot.

3. Continue to upgrade defensively

4. Find a solid bat for the middle of the lineup. (Abreu and his .400 OPB would be nice)

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
Peavy

Buehrle

Danks

Floyd

Z

Do it!

That's a $53M rotation in 2010. Talk about spending your resources unwisely. There are few players in baseball more overpaid than Carlos Zambrano especially if you move him to the AL.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
you guys should have heard Coop a few days ago when Rongey asked him about this. Coop said "There is no chance that asshole comes and plays here. You got that? That asshole isnt playing here"

Not completely verbatim, but VERY close. And he called him an asshole about 4-7 times in a small period of time

Glad to hear it. Besides the points about the money we already have in our rotation should put this to bed quickly.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
That's a $53M rotation in 2010. Talk about spending your resources unwisely. There are few players in baseball more overpaid than Carlos Zambrano especially if you move him to the AL.

I've always liked Zambrano. He seems like a bit of a headcase sometimes but let's not forget, he's Ozzie's friend, he's a Sox fan, and he beat the s*** out of Michael Barrett. His screaming and pointing would be pretty popular if he were doing it for us in the Metrodome while shutting down the Twins. But for $18M, and with our current rotation getting paid what it is with raises due to Floyd and Danks over time, we just wouldn't be able to afford it.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Yeppo!! Peavy, Buerhle, Floyd, Danks and Hudson/Garcia is as good as it comes.

KW's to do list should be as follows:

1. Fix the mess that is known as our bullpen.

2. Find a long term solution at the leadoff spot.

3. Continue to upgrade defensively

4. Find a solid bat for the middle of the lineup. (Abreu and his .400 OPB would be nice)

It's not like there's 31 top tier leadoff men in the league and we're the one team without one. We're one of many teams who are looking for one.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

Thoughts?

Some big "ifs" here. If Carlos Z has some gas left in the tank he might be worth it, but if you think he is abullpen guy that ain't going to happen. Plus if the Cubs were to deal him what would they want? Probably not a deal for us to consider