just a thought i had

2nd_city_saint787

Tryouts

When do the White Sox hold tryouts?

The Chicago White Sox hold their annual tryout camp during Spring Training. It is an "open" tryout, which means everyone is welcome. Participants are responsible for their own travel plans and accommodations. They also should bring with them any equipment they deem necessary, i.e. spikes, gloves, etc. Balls and bats will be provided.

do you someone who never even played high school ball could ever make it??? I recently have lost a ton of weight and have always been able to hit my cousin even when i was fat and he plays a lil college ball now....i believe if i hook up with him and maybe have him get one of his teamates thats got some good junk i can hit that i will give this s*** a shot.

I went to a few of these tryouts towards the end of my college career. They break down to two formats. The combine style where they break OFs, INFs, Catchers, and pitchers and run them through different drills. You get gunned if you pitch, they time your release and throw to second if you catch, etc. The other is a scrimmage style where you play games in different fields. If you get invited back for the next day, you are probably playing a scrimmage game against the better players from day one. Who goes to these things. Everyone. You will see guys who look like they belong no where near a field, and others that look like they could play in the minors. You just have to go there and understand that it is a lottery shot. As long as you have a thick skin and a good attitude you won't have a bad time.

I have seen 2 players in all the ones I went to get signed on day II. One was a pitcher from Oklahoma. He lit the gun up at 94 mph. The other was some 6'4 240 pound catcher who threw lazers down to 2nd.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
Tryouts

When do the White Sox hold tryouts?

The Chicago White Sox hold their annual tryout camp during Spring Training. It is an "open" tryout, which means everyone is welcome. Participants are responsible for their own travel plans and accommodations. They also should bring with them any equipment they deem necessary, i.e. spikes, gloves, etc. Balls and bats will be provided.

do you someone who never even played high school ball could ever make it??? I recently have lost a ton of weight and have always been able to hit my cousin even when i was fat and he plays a lil college ball now....i believe if i hook up with him and maybe have him get one of his teamates thats got some good junk i can hit that i will give this s*** a shot.

you might have a better shot at winning American Idol than landing in a MLB club off the street

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
hell if you can throw an 80 MPH fastball submarine from the left side, you've got a chance.

No lie, I really did play some D3 baseball and threw submarine from the left side a couple years ago..and i would sit around 78-80...but I did not have a shingo frisbee...I got away with that in D3...don't think you could in the majors hah