Lucas Harrell pitching live on MLB Network...

JPN366

The USA/Cuba World Cup game is live on MLB Network right now and Lucas Harrell is pitching. Josh Kroeger is also playing. Harrell is relieving Angels prospect Trevor Reckling, who left with an injury. He should see a lot of innings because Reckling left in the top of the 2nd.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
Oooh, JPN how is he looking? I'm still a fan of his.

Fastball's good, offspeed command is shaky. But, he did come in without warming up and had to take a few minutes to get loose.

I know you want to see him go to the pen JPN, but I'm not sure that would work with Lucas. He seems to me like the type of guy that, if he's going to make it, he'll be the type that will struggle a bit with command the first couple innings and raise his pitch count before settling in later on. But I do hope that if the organization doesn't have plans for him as a starter they will at least try him in a bullpen role before sending him out. They must like the guy because he's been on the 40-man roster for the last two years.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
I know you want to see him go to the pen JPN, but I'm not sure that would work with Lucas. He seems to me like the type of guy that, if he's going to make it, he'll be the type that will struggle a bit with command the first couple innings and raise his pitch count before settling in later on. But I do hope that if the organization doesn't have plans for him as a starter they will at least try him in a bullpen role before sending him out. They must like the guy because he's been on the 40-man roster for the last two years.

It's not that I want him to become a reliever, I just think that it would be good for him long term. That would be good for his shoulder and arm.

I opened a Thread about this game in here.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74662

We will get you on Sunday if we beat Canada. Ha, ha, ha.

Two double plays killed the Cubans specially the one in the seventh with the bases loaded. I was happy to see that Lucas guy leaving the game.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 02:58 AM)
Wassermann got the save. Pretty sure his future is in the Nationals or Pirates bullpen.

I hope so. He's not getting into the Sox pen, barring some major injury problems, and I'd like to see him get another shot somewhere. I think he can still be an effective pen arm.