Who would you rather see win the AL Central

southsider2k5

AL central preference  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather see win the AL Central?

• Minnesota
    • Detroit

With the Sox having six game left against the Tigers, they are going to have a very direct effect on the winner of the division race. Should we not care about the line ups and let Detroit cakewalk in? Should we stuff the line ups with starters to keep the integrity of the games? Should we not care and let whoever win?

As for the poll question, who would you rather see win, the Twins or Tigers?

I don't care who wins the division now, and the Sox shouldn't either.

If they decide as an organization that taking a look at prospects is the best way to spend the final few games, then they should do that.

They owe nothing to Minnesota, Detroit or anyone else.

But remember that it goes both ways - if the Sox are in contention next year and some other team trots out a kid lineup against whoever the Sox are battling for the division or wild card, I won't b**** about it and the Sox shouldn't either. That's the way it goes.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
I don't care who wins the division now, and the Sox shouldn't either.

If they decide as an organization that taking a look at prospects is the best way to spend the final few games, then they should do that.

They owe nothing to Minnesota, Detroit or anyone else.

But remember that it goes both ways - if the Sox are in contention next year and some other team trots out a kid lineup against whoever the Sox are battling for the division or wild card, I won't b**** about it and the Sox shouldn't either. That's the way it goes.

herm-edwards-book.jpg

For the integrity of the game, every team should play their best in these games. Anything less is a road towards professional wrestling.

Having said this, Go Tigers! It has been a storied franchise, Detroit as a city could use something good happening, and I'm so burned out by Minny.

And going into the playoffs, I will cheer for the AL Central team until they are eliminated. Overall, go Dodgers!

I'll say Detroit, because I feel sorry for anybody who has to live in that craphole of a city.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:33 AM)
For the integrity of the game, every team should play their best in these games. Anything less is a road towards professional wrestling.

I can see why teams that are out of it might want to shut down certain players, but I agree in general.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
Agreed. I'd like to see Thome get a ring.

I usually cheer for the AL in the World Series, but there are a couple teams where I would change, Seeing Thome get a ring would be tops, other years situations like St. Louis with Tony, Houston, maybe Pittsburg.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
I voted Tigers. I have to much hate for the Twins. Besides the Tigers have Magglio. O-E-O!!

As for rooting for the NL, I can never bring myself to do that, though I too would like to see Thome get a ring.

Agreed. There are only a few matchups where I would cheer for the NL.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
I usually cheer for the AL in the World Series, but there are a couple teams where I would change, Seeing Thome get a ring would be tops, other years situations like St. Louis with Tony, Houston, maybe Pittsburg.

The only time I ever rooted for the NL was in 1969 because the Mets had former Sox Al Weis, Tommie Agee and J.C. Martin. Besides I had always kinda liked the Mets. Back then who couldn't help but pull for the Amazin' Mets?

Another way to look at it...who do you think has the best shot to beat the Yankees in a 5 game series, if that's your thing?

If I'm the Yankees, I'd be scared to death of facing Verlander and Jackson in NY, followed by Robertson and Verlander in Detroit, and then Jackson again in NY. That's the kind of pitching onslaught that could leave the best offense wondering what happened.

The Tigers guys will fade. I wanted Jackson a lot over the offseason and I'm pissed the Tigers got him for so little, but he's still a 5-6 inning pitcher. Porcello isn't going to be reliable. Verlander is a horse, but Washburn has struggled with the Tigers and Galarraga has been terrible this year.

The Tigers IMO only have a chance when they send Verlander out, but that'll probably be in Game 1 and he'll have to face CC.

The Yankees are going to steamroll whoever it is that "wins" this pathetic AL Central division. And good for them too. I'm no Yankee hater, only a Red Sox hater.

Twins....

I hate Detroit...mostly b/c i cannot stand their fanbase...

I knew a lot of "Tigers Fans" when i used to live in Kzoo and when I compare them to the small amount of twins fans i know I see that the twins fans know way more about the game of baseball...

but to represent the AL in the WS i'll say anyone but the twins or tigers

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
Twins. They play the game right, and I always admire teams going to the playoffs with low payrolls. I hate everthig about Detroit. Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, etc. Seeing Detroit close to choking is a thrill in my eyes.

:headbang

I couldn't have said it any better. f*** Detroit.

I'll be pulling for the Tigers.

At least I can pretend they have a good team that hypothetically should have had a chance to beat us this year. I continue to be mystified as to how the Twins manage to win games. I have a hard time accepting that they are better than us and watching them win anything is pure agony to me. Especially after being forced to watch many of our games with them through the Minnesota feed - I despise them and their entire organization - from their lowest unpaid volunteer all the way up to the top.

Edited by iamshack