Who would you rather see win the AL Central

southsider2k5

AL central preference  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather see win the AL Central?

• Minnesota
    • Detroit

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
Another way to look at it...who do you think has the best shot to beat the Yankees in a 5 game series, if that's your thing?

If I'm the Yankees, I'd be scared to death of facing Verlander and Jackson in NY, followed by Robertson and Verlander in Detroit, and then Jackson again in NY. That's the kind of pitching onslaught that could leave the best offense wondering what happened.

I'd love to face Nate Robertson any day...

What happened to Washburn and Porcello...? I know Washburn stunk it up, but he has playoff experience.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
I'll be pulling for the Tigers.

At least I can pretend they have a good team that hypothetically should have had a chance to beat us this year. I continue to be mystified as to how the Twins manage to win games. I have a hard time accepting that they are better than us and watching them win anything is pure agony to me. Especially after being forced to watch many of our games with them through the Minnesota feed - I despise them and their entire organization - from their lowest unpaid volunteer all the way up to the top.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I abhor both teams and hope whoever makes it is promptly swept out of the playoffs. That being said, I voted Twins, just because it would be hilarious to see the Tigers choke away the division after being in the lead for so long. Furthermore, as much as I hate the Dome, Punto, Morneau, etc., I'd rather see a low-payroll team like the Twins in it than yet another big payroll team like the Tigers.

I chose the Twins because I respect the fact they always seem to have a good team and play the game "the right way."

I know it's a cliche and they do benefit GREATLY from that s***hole stadium.

I do feel sorry for the people of Detroit but they've had sports teams boost their spirits before with the Red Wings.

GO TWINKS.

Voted for the Twins. Mainly because when I wanted a team to lose throughout this year, it has always been the Tigers (since they were ahead of us). I'm having trouble just switching that off right now. So, I wouldn't mind seeing the Twinkies overtake them.

detroit needs it more. and i just hate hate hate the twins. the city of detroit needs it. the city could use the extra money it gets from post season sales. thats why im pulling for a detroit vs los angeles world series. itd be awesome if it went 7 games with LA winning it for Big Jim.

Voted Twins, because my old man is a Twinkie fan and I have been following the Tigers and hoping for their demise all season. Plus we have more games left against the Tigers so we can play a big part in the Twins taking the division. I mean I envisioned us in this role but that vision fizioned out a while ago.

I hate the Tigers.

I despise Magglio because he was my favorite player and then left.

I still love Crede.

That being said, I want the Tigers to win.

Why?

Brandon Inge has to be one of the nicest guys in baseball and plays hard, and the aside from Crede, the only Twins I can even respect are Nathan and Mauer.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
I would rather Detroit win. They play in a normal stadium and have less annoying players. I could see myself rooting for Detroit to beat the Yankees, but I could never, ever root for Minnesota.

"Nayled IT"

MN's BS record with that joke of a park they play in is a bonafide waste of a division winner, unless they have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, which they won't have in a single series they'd potentially play in

Fk them and that non-baseball field slap hitting garbage..... gimme DET on natural turf to give hope for proud representation of the Central

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
I think so too. The Yankees are too powerful. I really think this is their year.

In the last 10 years, the team with the biggest lead in their division at the end of the year is 5-5 in their playoff opening series. Only once in those 10 years did they make it to the World Series, and that team lost. Both the Yankees and Cardinals have cruised for a long time at the end of this season FWIW.