Ozzie explodes

IamPabloOzuna

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
You're right. I'm not very good at math. I just assumed that the it being a veteran rumour was still on. I was looking at the lineup at nearly everyone got in the game, including Wise, Fields and Lillibridge.

The veteran thing is true, you can eliminate some players there - unless of course it wasn't a veteran at all. Ozzie never actually said that, if you carefully at the quotes. He said he was worried about examples for the non-vets, but that is not the same thing.

Basically, other than dudes sitting in the pen, we have no idea.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oz needed something to rant about and he picked the TV thing.

It's early in college football season; AJ probably was checking on the Florida game. Big deal.

AJ batted in the No. 3 hole the next day.

If Oz said it was a veteran, it probably was AJ.

Big deal. We all know modern ballplayers care a lot less about winning than the old days. It's all about how much money you can make and forever more will be.

It's one of the reasons, along with the s*** bullpen, that we underachieved this year.

No killer instinct in games against s***ty teams. Until we take the Orioles seriously and the Indians and Royals, we're gonna continue to be .500 at best.

Got to bring it every night and we don't.

That and the fact our relievers suck big time.

In case anyone wanted to know (and a few people got one name right) Beckham was one of them.

He took umbrage with players checking out college football action following this game in which the White Sox fell apart down the stretch. Gordon Beckham readily admits he was one of the people at the center of the storm, although he certainly wasn't committing some cardinal sin.

Beckham might be one of baseball's rookie sensations, but he's also a proud former player at the University of Georgia and wanted to see how his Bulldogs were doing against Arizona St. When the college football firestorm settled down a bit, Beckham and Guillen discussed the matter and his comments.

"I can't find fault in what he did on Saturday at all," said Beckham, who carries the confidence and composure of a seasoned veteran. "He came up to me and said, 'Listen, I can't let you young guys think that's OK to turn on the game,' and I said that I understand what he's saying.

"At the same time, there's a difference in when and how you lose. When you lose a game like we did the other day, we were up 5-0 and blow it, and look awful and all that stuff, then I can understand why he got mad. The TV shouldn't be on."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
In case anyone wanted to know (and a few people got one name right) Beckham was one of them.

That seemed pretty obvious to me though everyone in the thread ignored it. What I said on page 2 "Wasn't the Georgia /Arizona St. game ending shortly after the Sox game. Maybe Beckham wanted to watch his alma mater eek out a thrilling victory."

After that everyone believed Ozzie called out a veteran player but he never really did.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 12:43 AM)

I have to say, for a rookie who has barely been around, Beckham does have some nice composure and maturity. He took his lumps the right way here.

I doubt he was the only one. I think Ozzie was pissed at the fact that the vets allowed that to happen and probably were joining in. Oz probably wanted someone, anyone to step up and say, "Hey, turn that s*** off. We got our asses kicked and you care about a meaningless football game?" and none of the vets ever said it. Again, it wouldn't surprise me if Dye, PK, and AJ were all watching too.