And That's a White Sox Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 08:31 AM)
I took my kids to the local park. I wasn't at the game. I did however drop 200 bucks a week ago to watch the Royals destroy Mark Buerhle and the vets, so maybe that can give me a pass. Its the end of the season. Watching the kids play is the only thing worth watching. In fact, the only reason I checked the box score from time to time on Sunday was due to the fact that Hudson was pitching. We are in a transition from the older core to a new younger core. Hudson and Flowers are part of that new core. I would like to see what they can do, get their feet a bit wet this year.

I love watching the new blood play . The starting pitching should be awesome next year . Hudson has the potential to be as good as any Sox starter in recent memory . The defense and hitting can be much better with Beckham and Alexei being better acclimated to their new positions and the league in general and with Rios and Quentin having rebound years. I'm really looking forward to next year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
I'm very sorry you feel offended by my post. My fandom was questioned therefore I responded not in a negative or sarcastic way but in a way in which I could express my thoughts. Obviously if you were at the game my original post was not directed at you . I was merely pointing out the the "play the kids" theme I hear is just frustration talking and inevitably will produce more of a losing team which in turn will not be as supported as a winning team.

"Play the kids" is merely emotional drivel that fans come up with when the team is losing/underachieving. As if the veteran guys on that particular team are gonna have their feelings hurt or some s***. Ain't no fan on the planet gonna watch a s***ty team as long as they're playing young guys. lol. That's a joke. So I wouldn't pay attention to any of that. Far as the gamethreads, it's not a surprise. I frequent multiple message boards besides this one and outside of the teams headed for the playoffs they're all pretty much dead. Northsidebaseball.com has recently had 67 and 71 post gamethreads. Things will pick up considerably around November/December.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
A whole 103 huh ? So what's that like 50 more posts than the shortest game thread of the year ? Yes the season is over that's the whole point of most of the let the kids play posts. I also realize the most people post in game threads while watching the game so having the Bears game on can't be too much of an excuse. That's why you have a remote control.

Not when you have to go to a bar to watch the game......