Koch

Jim Fainter

and i will continue to defend him, even now at his current status, he is better than Rick White...and he got himself in trouble with control tonight, and minimized the damage. He will either have to use what he has now, or go DL and figure out the velocity drop cause. WTF, we shouldnt even be talking about Koch after this game, yet we always come back to the same subject. Lets talk about Rich White...his 6+ ERA, his mouth that has been talking about, "I don't know my role." Your goddamn role is to not give up 5 f***ing runs to the Devil Rays...your role is to get people out. Hell, Koch at least got through 2 innings, and pitched OVER his problems...White cant say the same.

btw on 2 innings pitch, 2 bb 2 hits, 1 er no strike out

they still scored on him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, 1 run, and thats 89% less than they scored on the rest of the team...someone has to diagnose his problem, it doesnt seem to be much of a priority to the staff, and I'm confused...Billy is a gamer, and he is gonna go out there everytime his number is called, whether he is physically capable or not(more than i can say for Fatolo, BTW) if they are waiting for him to tell them the problem, they are gonna be waiting a while.

Yeah, 1 run, and thats 89% less than they scored on the rest of the team...someone has to diagnose his problem, it doesnt seem to be much of a priority to the staff, and I'm confused...Billy is a gamer, and he is gonna go out there everytime his number is called, whether he is physically capable or not(more than i can say for Fatolo, BTW) if they are waiting for him to tell them the problem, they are gonna be waiting a while.

billy is a gamer, by your defination so is porzio and white. whew, i am glad we know they are gamers.

billy is a gamer, by your defination so is porzio and white. whew, i am glad we know they are gamers.

No, White is a pile of crap..who cries when he doesnt know "his role" on the team. Porzio was probably just happy to be in MLB...Koch, he just pitches.hurt, unable, doesnt matter, he just wants to pitch, and he genuinely wants to do whats best for the team. More than i can say for White and Fatolo.

No, White is a pile of crap..who cries when he doesnt know "his role" on the team. Porzio was probably just happy to be in MLB...Koch, he just pitches.hurt, unable, doesnt matter, he just wants to pitch, and he genuinely wants to do whats best for the team. More than i can say for White and Fatolo.

are you sure with your assessment of white. i mean are you 100% sure?

are you sure with your assessment of white. i mean are you 100% sure?

Well, I know White needs to shut his mouth about his 'role'. I look at things in an odd way, that's how many do it here from my country, and I think his role is to get the batters out when he is asked to do so. I'm not sure what he doesn't get about that.

I am sure that he is a pile of crap...but I'll regress a little...he shouldn't have been out there for 3 innings really..but then again, when your starter puts you in that position, and your bullpen is overworked from an extra inning game, not many options. So, where does that leave us? I guess in the fact that we had no 5th starter, and it hurt us the most today.

I am sure that he is a pile of crap...but I'll regress a little...he shouldn't have been out there for 3 innings really..but then again, when your starter puts you in that position, and your bullpen is overworked from an extra inning game, not many options. So, where does that leave us? I guess in the fact that we had no 5th starter, and it hurt us the most today.

the 5 starter, porzio starting, white pitching for how many innings, who cares, you were talking about botch being a great gamer and white is not.

He is by no means a consistent pitcher...look at his career stats...one year he is dominant...next year, WHIP over 1.5, which is garbage for a reliever called upon for 1-2 innings. All I know is what I read and see myself, and I know that any player who whines about "roles" are petty. Yeah Koch talked this year too, but all he said is that he is the closer, not "Why am I not closing games, thats my 'role'." No one wants to hear pitchers piss and moan about what they are used for in the heat of a pennant race.

He is by no means a consistent pitcher...look at his career stats...one year he is dominant...next year, WHIP over 1.5, which is garbage for a reliever called upon for 1-2 innings. All I know is what I read and see myself, and I know that any player who whines about "roles" are petty. Yeah Koch talked this year too, but all he said is that he is the closer, not "Why am I not closing games, thats my 'role'." No one wants to hear pitchers piss and moan about what they are used for in the heat of a pennant race.

and with that you will not see me saying anthing against you, i am just saying that botch at this time sucks as he has done all yr and the second half of last yr.

he might be done for in his career.

Who cares if Koch may be better than White?

White is crap, also.

I agree with the great post that said Koch should be put on DL.

He's like Ritchie. We need to just stop using him completely.

He sucks.

We should ship him somewhere before the trade deadline for a couple prospects.

Well, I have arqued this with Cap in another thread. First koch sucks, doesn't matter what he did in the past, for the sox he sucks. i want him gone because he is ineffective and we cannot trust him. I realize KW made the mistake, so now get rid of him. Mistakes need to be eliminated. As for White he sucks as well, but he costs us 650,000 worth of suck and Koch costs us 4.5 million of suck. I can accept suck from 650,000 but not from 4.5 million. Therefore eliminate 4.5 million so we can get another pitcher or bench help. This matters because 4.5 million can get us better players. In addition I do not beleive Koch will come back to pitch 100 mph again. he may well be injured, or he maybe getting older or he may have a psych problem or he may have a dead arm, or he may have just lost it. either way I don't trust the pyscho and would love him off my team. You cannot ahve a 4.5 million dollar mop up bullpen guy.

Well, I have arqued this with Cap in another thread. First koch sucks, doesn't matter what he did in the past, for the sox he sucks. i want him gone because he is ineffective and we cannot trust him. I realize KW made the mistake, so now get rid of him. Mistakes need to be eliminated. As for White he sucks as well, but he costs us 650,000 worth of suck and Koch costs us 4.5 million of suck. I can accept suck from 650,000 but not from 4.5 million. Therefore eliminate 4.5 million so we can get another pitcher or bench help. This matters because 4.5 million can get us better players. In addition I do not beleive Koch will come back to pitch 100 mph again. he may well be injured, or he maybe getting older or he may have a psych problem or he may have a dead arm, or he may have just lost it. either way I don't trust the pyscho and would love him off my team. You cannot ahve a 4.5 million dollar mop up bullpen guy.

Yeah, but too bad, cause he ain't going anywhere...

It sickens me that we're arguing over whose worse, White or Botch.

I think Koch's problem is simply that he was overworked last year and KW was a dumbass not to see that.

DING, DING!!!! We have a winner....thats exactly what I've been saying...but its easier for Sox fans to say, Koch sucks...I guess if thats our biggest problem right now, we are doing ok.

If him pitching like a pile of ass because he is "hurt" is considered doing what's best for the team you got me on that one. The Koch fans say look at the stats before this year. Last year he threw the most pitches per inning of any closer (not a sign of dominance). Further a closer, espcially a "prototypical one is expected to get a lot of strike outs Koch does not. Despite a "100" mph fastball, Keith Foulke has consistantly racked up more k's. Koch's 85% save percentage is not the most flattering, compare if you dare there are far better, I think Foulke is close to 90%.

You said it all right there LDF...KW wanted Foulke out of here, and he made a move that while financially and roleplay made sense, he forgot to make sure that Koch was able to do what he was acquired to do.

What was he aquired to do close games? So let me get the argument straight, we can't say Koch sucks because he he is a s***ty closer, due to the claim that his s***tiness isn't his fault? :rolleyes: If he is incapable of being a closer, he sucks period. A $6000000 mop up man swell.

If him pitching like a pile of ass because he is "hurt" is considered doing what's best for the team you got me on that one.  The Koch fans say look at the stats before this year.  Last year he threw the most pitches per inning of any closer (not a sign of dominance). Further a closer, espcially a "prototypical one is expected to get a lot of strike outs Koch does not.  Despite a "100" mph fastball, Keith Foulke has consistantly racked up more k's.  Koch's 85% save percentage is not the most flattering, compare if you dare there are far better, I think Foulke is close to 90%.

It doesnt matter how good Foulkes numbers are, the guy was outta here after 2003..no way in hell was he coming back to an organizatio headed my KW and JM. Like I said, if Kochs performance is all we have to worry about, then the team isn't doing too bad.