Koch

Jim Fainter

It doesnt matter how good Foulkes numbers are, the guy was outta here after 2003..no way in hell was he coming back to an organizatio headed my KW and JM. Like I said, if Kochs performance is all we have to worry about, then the team isn't doing too bad.

Foulke was just a basis for comparaison, call him pitcher x and it's still the same, you are dodging the question of how in the hell can someone claim Billy Botch is a good pitcher, but that's quite alright

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have arqued this with Cap in another thread. First koch sucks, doesn't matter what he did in the past, for the sox he sucks. i want him gone because he is ineffective and we cannot trust him. I realize KW made the mistake, so now get rid of him. Mistakes need to be eliminated. As for White he sucks as well, but he costs us 650,000 worth of suck and Koch costs us 4.5 million of suck. I can accept suck from 650,000 but not from 4.5 million. Therefore eliminate 4.5 million so we can get another pitcher or bench help. This matters because 4.5 million can get us better players. In addition I do not beleive Koch will come back to pitch 100 mph again. he may well be injured, or he maybe getting older or he may have a psych problem or he may have a dead arm, or he may have just lost it. either way I don't trust the pyscho and would love him off my team. You cannot ahve a 4.5 million dollar mop up bullpen guy.

getting rid of him is easier said than done. who would want a 4.5 mil pit who was overwork and may be done for......... on i forgot, kw......... well besides him?

I got your back.. I am a Koch supporter and I believe that if he doesnt turn it this year next year he is going to be his usual badass self

yeah but it is not going to help us this yr. that is a brillant way of thinking.

we needed him now!

It doesnt matter how good Foulkes numbers are, the guy was outta here after 2003..no way in hell was he coming back to an organizatio headed my KW and JM. Like I said, if Kochs performance is all we have to worry about, then the team isn't doing too bad.

so what if he was outta here, at least we would still had him and he would have been saving some games.

I got your back.. I am a Koch supporter and I believe that if he doesnt turn it this year next year he is going to be his usual badass self

I got your back.. I am a Koch supporter and I believe that if he doesnt turn it this year next year he is going to be his usual bad self

Is that what you meant?

Koch has proven beyond any doubt that he is not a good pitcher anymore. If that trade doesn't get made, we are easily in first place. No question. Now, Cotts might come through next year and beyond, but for this year the trade is a disaster. As an accomplished second guesser, I can't help going back to Koch's performance at the end of 2002 and wonder if the Sox did their necessary due dilligence in checking out Koch and then giving him a fat, two year contract. We basically are playing with a 24 man roster.

two things:

1. Somebody, cooper, manuel, koch, Hawk, Farmio, Jurko, Harry has to figure out what happened to Koch's lost velocity. Til it comes back, he's not getting anybody out because his fastball is straighter than John Wayne.

2. Sox aren't going to win the division unless they find some way to get something outta Koch this season. They can't afford to be down a pitcher in the bullpen over a six-month season (saw that last week) and they don't need Koch getting booed back to Clemson every he comes into work. Manuel needs to bring him back into the mix as a set-up guy at the least.

two things:

1. Somebody, cooper, manuel, koch, Hawk, Farmio, Jurko, Harry has to figure out what happened to Koch's lost velocity. Til it comes back, he's not getting anybody out because his fastball is straighter than John Wayne.

2. Sox aren't going to win the division unless they find some way to get something outta Koch this season. They can't afford to be down a pitcher in the bullpen over a six-month season (saw that last week) and they don't need Koch getting booed back to Clemson every he comes into work. Manuel needs to bring him back into the mix as a set-up guy at the least.

If you don't think people will boo when he blows it in the 8th rather than the 9th I have my doubts. Don't let Botch pitch to anyone that matters.

two things:

If you don't think people will boo when he blows it in the 8th rather than the 9th I have my doubts. Don't let Botch pitch to anyone that matters.

Hard to do, they all matter now.

What kind of logic is this? if he doesn't turn it around this year he will next year? So what, in the meantime we lose games with him this year and you are fine with this? Are we focused on the team winning this year or what Billy Koch did three years ago. Many players were better three yeears ago, doesn't mean they are good now. Who the hell cares about him pitching next year. hell if marte and gordon continue there pitching I want them next year, not koch.

247:  My understanding of the waiver rule is that the team claiming him off waivers need only to pay the minimum.  The balance is owed by the team that held his contract (Sox).  Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

That isn't correct. Once they clear waivers, they are fully released and then you can claim them for the min and the other team pays the rest.

two things:

two things:

1. If JM can't even fill out the lineup card the same way everyday, there's no way he's going to figure out what happened to Koch's velocity. Koch is pretty much a lost cause if you ask me. And some wonder why I almost puked when I heard they traded my boy Keith Foulke.

2. I think the role Billy Botch should be used in is the mopup man job and we should give Glover or Ginter a shot at setting up for Marte and Glover.

I got your back.. I am a Koch supporter and I believe that if he doesnt turn it this year next year he is going to be his usual bad self

Is that what you meant?

as far as i am concern you could both scratch each other's back and whisper sweet nothings in each others ear, we need botch this yr when it was really important. we have a contending team and he didn't show up.

Is that what you meant?

as far as i am concern you could both scratch each other's back and whisper sweet nothings in each others ear, we need botch this yr when it was really important. we have a contending team and he didn't show up.

Actually that's about as good as Botch is. He didn't fail to show up, he has always been mediocre at best, the only way Koch is a good closer is on a team that can win it in the tenth after he blows goats out there.

That isn't correct.  Once they clear waivers, they are fully released and then you can claim them for the min and the other team pays the rest.

However, if he is claimed off of waivers, and the Sox choose to let him go, then the other team would pick up the entire contract.

However, if he is claimed off of waivers, and the Sox choose to let him go, then the other team would pick up the entire contract.

Thats what I thought, the other team pays the entire contract. That way we should just wait for waiver-time to pull off a deal, and maybe someone would be dumb enough to claim him.