Kannapolis pitching staff emblematic of Sox system improvement

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Awesome write up NSS. I'm wondering why the Sox didn't move Remenowsky up as fast as they moved Hudson.

Well, Hudson and Remenowsky are not the same thing, really. I would not have expected them to promote Remenowsky that fast, though I was a bit surprised he didn't see W-S. Hard to see anything they might have him working on. My only thought is, they want to keep him in a closer role, and that slot may not have been open at W-S with Nathan Jones up there.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
One thing we seem to have an abundance of is intriguing RP prospects. For our minor league gurus, who's the closest to the show at this point?

In the whole system? I'd say that Hynick and Ely are our two closest starters. With Hudson and Torres having graduated from that distinction. We have a lot of pen arms too that could compete as early as next spring, like Link and Hernandez. Also, there's a lot of Harrell hype going on, i'm not as high on him as most, but he's got an arm on him.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
In the whole system? I'd say that Hynick and Ely are our two closest starters. We have a lot of pen arms too that could compete as early as next spring, like Link and Hernandez. Also, there's a lot of Harrell hype going on, i'm not as high on him as most, but he's got an arm on him.

If you are already counting out both Hudson and Torres, I agree with your first sentence.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
One thing we seem to have an abundance of is intriguing RP prospects. For our minor league gurus, who's the closest to the show at this point?

It's too wide open to say.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)

Adding to what others have said, when we are talking about guys in A ball, its very hard to say. You have to look less at core results like ERA and WHIP, and more at peripherals like K and BB rate, GB and FB rates, and of course scouting reports on their stuff. Results become more important at the higher levels. If you look at the Kanny staff, lots of guys look like they have some potential, but we'll know a lot more once they reach AA.