i firmly believe

simba43

one of our starting pitchers will be traded this off season only peavy danks and garcia are safe . we need some hitting and teams like texas and others are looking for a starter were not going to get much for the prospects we have except for hudson flowers viecido and a few guys at the A BALL level so trading a starter is really the only way to get a really good everyday player a package of say floyd and some prospects could bring us adrian gonzales ? the padres want pitching as they seem to have plenty of every day players that look very promising in there system or on the big club so floyd with maybe ely santeliz and anthony carter could bring in gonzales . i say we should go after adrian gonzales the way detroit went after cabrera a couple years ago . we would still have peavy danks buehrle hudson garcia still a very strong rotation and our lineup would improve big time .

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
If anyone gets traded it's Hudson. And that's only, because his value has never been higher.

Why would they trade a guy who is under control for 6 years, and will be cheap because his value is high? Beckham's value is high, should they trade him too? It seems you think the only time to trade guys is if their value is high, which means they are considered very productive or will be very productive and want to hang on to guys who struggle because their value is low. If you were a GM of a major league team and used this philosophy, you would have a very bad team.

Hudson may get traded, but not only because his value is high. It would be because KW thinks his value is far more than what he believes to be his future performance level. I fully expect Hudson to be a White Sox unless there is something about him the organization doesn't like.

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 08:28 AM)
Strange... I see the Sox adding another SP.

Nothing would shock me, but I don't see it. I'm happy with Peavy/Buerhle/Danks/Floyd and a #5 selection of Garcia/Hudson/Torres.

I think they'll look for a top-of-the-order hitter, whether it's the perennial Figgins courtship or someone else.

And, as always, bullpen. Everyone's always searching for reliable bullpen guys.

QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 06:17 AM)
one of our starting pitchers will be traded this off season only peavy danks and garcia are safe . we need some hitting and teams like texas and others are looking for a starter were not going to get much for the prospects we have except for hudson flowers viecido and a few guys at the A BALL level so trading a starter is really the only way to get a really good everyday player a package of say floyd and some prospects could bring us adrian gonzales ? the padres want pitching as they seem to have plenty of every day players that look very promising in there system or on the big club so floyd with maybe ely santeliz and anthony carter could bring in gonzales . i say we should go after adrian gonzales the way detroit went after cabrera a couple years ago . we would still have peavy danks buehrle hudson garcia still a very strong rotation and our lineup would improve big time .

I don't see us trading a starter next year at all. Not that it will not happen, I just don't see it with KW knowing starting pitching is the most important aspect of the team.

Texas is in a budget crunch and will be looking for cheap players or prospects. The are unable to resign players on the roster now due to budget constraints. I also doubt AGonzalas will be traded.

I would think after arbitration and resigning some FA on the team, the Sox will be near budget, maybe have 5-10MM. I would think KW would trade PK, Linebrink, Jenks, if he could get major league talent in return.