AND THIS BASEBALL SEASON IS OVA!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't imagine a team giving Pods a great contract.

He should return here for one year. I mean he was great, but it was his comeback season. He's too old for a team to necessarily count on him.

He hit great this year, no doubt about it, and was healthy. But for a team to give him some great contract, I can't imagine that happening.

One year, 3 mill from the Sox? Or is that too much? One year 2.2 mill?

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
I was thinking about throwing Nix' embarrassing .229 with RISP in there, but I thought, hey, it's a long offseason...

But seriously, I'll give them both a clean slate next year. I'm fine with that. We'll likely need them both.

But the bottom line is that they were both pretty brutal this year, and that's what I had an issue with. I'll be rooting for them both like heck next April.

Not to get into a nitpicking fight, but that .229 is higher than his season average. He's not a strong average hitter, and if you expected even a .250 average from him in any situation (unless it is against left handed pitching), then you were swimming without a paddle to begin with.

If the Sox run a straight platoon of Nix and Getz next year, I think they'll be fine.

It's funny this year because so many of the big question marks were answered positively...and yet still things didnt work out in the end

Found a real leadoff hitter midseason

Alexei took more walks

We solved defensive CF

Gavin/Danks held up

Called up Gordon and he varied from great to good throughout

Getz was alright

Paulie had a bounceback year

We turned some of our young arms into an ace (while still contending)

AJP career year

Had two passable RHP middle-relievers and our LHP guy kept being great

Just goes to show how gigantic it is when your 3-4-5 falls apart and you wait too long to replace it. And of course closer issues.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
It's funny this year because so many of the big question marks were answered positively...and yet still things didnt work out in the end

Found a real leadoff hitter midseason

Alexei took more walks

We solved defensive CF

Gavin/Danks held up

Called up Gordon and he varied from great to good throughout

Getz was alright

Paulie had a bounceback year

We turned some of our young arms into an ace (while still contending)

AJP career year

Had two passable RHP middle-relievers and our LHP guy kept being great

Just goes to show how gigantic it is when your 3-4-5 falls apart and you wait too long to replace it. And of course closer issues.

Lexi walking 49 times is nothing to get loud about. Yeah, it's a lot more than 18. Still, nothing to get real excited about. Now if 49 turns into, I don't know, 75 next year? Then we're talking. Defensive CF didn't get solved until August. And he didn't hit. The ace we added made 3 starts. And this was hardly a career year for AJ.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Lexi walking 49 times is nothing to get loud about. Yeah, it's a lot more than 18. Still, nothing to get real excited about. Now if 49 turns into, I don't know, 75 next year? Then we're talking. Defensive CF didn't get solved until August. And he didn't hit. The ace we added made 3 starts. And this was hardly a career year for AJ.

If Ramirez can walk 50 times while actually hitting for a bit of power (30 extra base hits is not what I will call power), then we really have something, and that could turn into an .825-.850 OPS. That would be a huge boost to the offense next season alone.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Lexi walking 49 times is nothing to get loud about. Yeah, it's a lot more than 18. Still, nothing to get real excited about. Now if 49 turns into, I don't know, 75 next year? Then we're talking.

True but I think Alexei's bat as-is...along with his second half defense is a pretty good one-two punch for a SS. Sub-allstar but I will gladly take it.

Edited by Princess Dye