One other thing to like about the Peavy trade

kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
Wasn't this guy a shoe in to be a Cub? I can't think of a bigger wish for any Sox fan/Cub hater. Oh yeah and the guy has kicked ass in his AL debut.

and his two games after that

Edited by LZPride08

He's a nice change in attitude. I'd love to see him and danks go back to back in the rotation. They both have that look that "I want to dominate you". Buerhle is more of a "haha, I'm smarter than you" while Floyd is like "Check out my pitcher face, do you believe it?"

These are pure aesthetic observations in how I watch the game, have little to do with performance. More of a cinematic approach to pitching.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
He's a nice change in attitude. I'd love to see him and danks go back to back in the rotation. They both have that look that "I want to dominate you". Buerhle is more of a "haha, I'm smarter than you" while Floyd is like "Check out my pitcher face, do you believe it?"

These are pure aesthetic observations in how I watch the game, have little to do with performance. More of a cinematic approach to pitching.

Ha! I think you're about dead-on with all of those. I really think that Peavy is going to have the biggest influence on Gavin. Even when he's rolling, Gavin looks scared sh**less out on the mound, imo. I think Peavy is going to teach him that it's okay to get out there, have absolute faith in your stuff, and to let the hitter know, simply using body language, that he's going to beat you.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
Ha! I think you're about dead-on with all of those. I really think that Peavy is going to have the biggest influence on Gavin. Even when he's rolling, Gavin looks scared sh**less out on the mound, imo. I think Peavy is going to teach him that it's okay to get out there, have absolute faith in your stuff, and to let the hitter know, simply using body language, that YOU'RE going to beat HIM.

fixed for clarity.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:08 AM)
The Padres had a proposal on the table IIRC, Hendry just didn't want to do it. I think it was something like 5 players for Peavy.

I thought you have said the Cubs couldn't add to their payroll until the ownership issue was settled? Now its all on Hendry?