Dye says "I don't really have a feeling"

joeynach

When asked by Scott Gregor about whether he thinks he played his last game with the White Sox Dye said, "I don't really have a feeling". Sounds like the I know im gone attitude to me. Could just be Dye being Dye, usually humbled and quiet, but hes gotta realize he essentially played himself to this point. I have loved this guy over the years, but I know longer believe he can be on offensive force and carry a team over an extended period of time, let alone produce at all in the 2nd half. Sorry Jermaine, but last I looked the key to winning baseball wasn't to retain expensive aging sluggers, Goodbye ole friend, thanks for 2005 and good luck.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside

Oh yeah, Oh yeah. (that's right.)

I've got a feeling, a feeling I can't hide

Oh no. no. Oh no! Oh no.

Yeah! Yeah! I've got a feeling. Yeah!

Oh please believe me, I'd hate to miss the train

Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah.

And if you leave me I won't be late again

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

Yeah Yeah I've got a feeling, yeah.

I got a feeling.

All these years I've been wandering around,

Wondering how come nobody told me

All that I was looking for was somebody

Who looked like you.

I've got a feeling that keeps me on my toes

Oh yeah, Oh yeah.

I've got a feeling, I think that everybody knows.

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah.

Yeah! Yeah! I've got a feeling. Yeah!

Ev'rybody had a hard year.

Ev'rybody had a good time.

Ev'rybody had a wet dream.

Ev'rybody saw the sunshine.

Oh yeah, Oh yeah. Oh Yeah.

Ev'rybody had a good year.

Ev'rybody let their hair down.

Ev'rybody pulled their socks up. (yeah.)

Ev'rybody put their foot down.

Oh yeah. Yeah! WOOOOHOO!

Does it really bother anyone else that JD went into big tailspins when things got questionable for his status with the Sox? When they were talking about trading him before his extention, he fell apart. The Sox trade for Rios, he falls apart. Is he that weak mentally, or is something there?

he always talks as if he only struggled a few games here and there in the second half. saying things like everyone slumps, its part of the game, etc. sorry but falling off completely in back to back years in the second half isnt just a little slump.(esp this yr)

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
he always talks as if he only struggled a few games here and there in the second half. saying things like everyone slumps, its part of the game, etc. sorry but falling off completely in back to back years in the second half isnt just a little slump.(esp this yr)

We would have killed to have dye put up an .842 ops in the second half this season (what he posted last season in the second half) compared to his .590 ops this season.

Sorry Jermaine, but last I looked the key to winning baseball wasn't to retain expensive aging sluggers,

We are going to miss his production.

My question is: Why do the Dye naysayers immediately claim he's finished and not just say he had an off year?

Rios ... oh he had an off year. Swisher last year ... oh he had an off year.

But Dye is finished? Dye will have 2 good years with whomever acquires him. I'm just saying KW needs to replace some big time production in Dye and Thome.

Why can't some people just say Dye had an off year or rotten second half?? I know why. We know him too well and people are sick of him and want new blood. Hope the new blood can produce like the Jermaine of the first half.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
We would have killed to have dye put up an .842 ops in the second half this season (what he posted last season in the second half) compared to his .590 ops this season.

i just remember him being awful when we really needed him last year(sept. when CQ went down)

I think Dye has good hitting left in him and he will do fine for 2 more years at least in his new home.

Yes I think he slumped, struggled, whatever you want to call it.

I don't know why some people get the benefit of the doubt as having an off year and will certainly rebound and a stud like Dye gets none of that same regard. Dye also has a proven track record of excellence.

It's obvious he won't be back; I just hope we acquire bats to replace Dye/Thome. You know what ... we are going to miss both. Our pitching will not alone win us a division.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
I think Dye has good hitting left in him and he will do fine for 2 more years at least in his new home.

Yes I think he slumped, struggled, whatever you want to call it.

I don't know why some people get the benefit of the doubt as having an off year and will certainly rebound and a stud like Dye gets none of that same regard. Dye also has a proven track record of excellence.

It's obvious he won't be back; I just hope we acquire bats to replace Dye/Thome. You know what ... we are going to miss both. Our pitching will not alone win us a division.

Is there a reason why you refuse to take age into consideration?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
Can you forgive the others who lay down and died? I won't go through all the names.

I blame Jensky and Brinkey too. Rios was something of a dissapointment, but he's more about next year. Dye carried us in the 1st half, and then rolled over in the second half. We trusted him, and he failed to meet our expectations when we needed him the most.

He'll turn 36 before next season.

I don't think that's too old, but I see what you are saying.

If the Sox think he's suddenly hit the brick wall at 36 and will never hit again, fine. I just don't think so. I think he has some good hitting years left.

As far as this site ... look, aren't we all in agreement he's gone?? The Sox are going to let him go.

So that leaves you with two choices: Bash him or graciously talk about him.

Until I get banned, I'm not going to let people treat Dye like he is horses***. He had a horrible half; so did a lot of Sox.

I'm trying to lay off guys I don't like. I just hope people shut up about Dye.

He's not coming back, people, so why bury him??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
He'll turn 36 before next season.

I don't think that's too old, but I see what you are saying.

If the Sox think he's suddenly hit the brick wall at 36 and will never hit again, fine. I just don't think so. I think he has some good hitting years left.

As far as this site ... look, aren't we all in agreement he's gone?? The Sox are going to let him go.

So that leaves you with two choices: Bash him or graciously talk about him.

Until I get banned, I'm not going to let people treat Dye like he is horses***. He had a horrible half; so did a lot of Sox.

I'm trying to lay off guys I don't like. I just hope people shut up about Dye.

He's not coming back, people, so why bury him??

Jermaine was arguably the least valuable position player in the second half for a team that didn't hit or field worth a damn as they fell out of contention down the stretch, he's going to catch s*** for this as he should and you're just gonna have to learn how to deal with it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
weird, but I think he'll be back

I hope so. If you don't hit .400 and 50 plus homers a year it seem folks are quick to bury you here. Dye had a slump in the 2nd half of the year not unlike a number of others on this club either this year or in years past. He can rebound and hopefully it will be with the Sox and not someone else. I am not certain the free agent market is going to be an option for the Sox and I don't see anyone in our minor league system ready just yet to step in and be the force JD has been and can be. He was also willing to give this organization a hometown discount.

Edited by elrockinMT

Well I've got a feeling

That I'm gonna get you

Say I've got a little feeling

That it won't be long

'Til I hold you in my arms and, baby,

that's where you belong

Well I've got a feeling

That you think about me

Well I've got a little feeling

and I hope it's true

'Cause nobody else could want you so