Elias Rankings

prochisox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
The fact is though, our manager is not going to use his only backup catcher as a DH. As far as I can tell he hasn't done it in 6 seasons, and the only time he tried his backup catcher at 1b in the spring it exploded in his face and he caught a lot of criticism.

I didn't say that Ozzie would do it - I am saying that I'd do it. I, clearly, am not Ozzie.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
I really wonder if we could have an O-Cab type deal. Where we offer Dye ARB, and highly suggest that he not take it.

If JD or his agent agreed to that they would be dumb. It only would hurt his value, so it would make zero sense for him to go along with it and not accept. They were lucky Cabrera hated it in Chicago so much or they would have been stuck with him for $10 million and unless he was just brutal in spring training and they released him and still would have been on the hook for $2.5 million, if they released him they would have been challenged and it would have been ugly. Those days, I believe, are done and Dye isn't going to do the Sox any favors that hurt him but help the Sox.