Nancy Faust to retire after 2010

Texsox

I got to meet Nancy about 10 years ago. Class act.

It's sad to see her go, but she's been there forever. IIRC, she cut her hours years ago, so this isn't a huge shocker. Still, Sox games won't be the same without Nancy Faust.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
I wonder if they are going to try and get a replacement or if they are just going to can her recordings and play them like they usually do at the appropriate times

They'll probably just go with that annoying Venga Boys (?) song that everyone else plays when their team does something good. Or maybe we'll get some fresh, new (circa 2001) rap beats like they do in Oakland. Or even better, they'll do like the Tigers and play the 10,000th different remix of that Requiem for a Dream soundtrack song over and over and over and over...

If Nancy really does give it up after 2010 then we're all f***ed forever.

I realize Nancy didn't produce as well as other league organists but she helped us win it in 2005. Lets stop bashing her since maybe she was just having an off year. How come there aren't other threads bashing other organists? I appreciate what she has done and think she will have a good comeback year in 2010.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
I realize Nancy didn't produce as well as other league organists but she helped us win it in 2005. Lets stop bashing her since maybe she was just having an off year. How come there aren't other threads bashing other organists? I appreciate what she has done and think she will have a good comeback year in 2010.

They should fire her organ instructor

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
I also hope they replace her, I really liked having a real organist at the games, instead of purely canned stuff. I think I am going to write to Brooks on this.

Not just replace her, they should have an organist for every single game of the year, all 9 innings. The canned stuff is unimaginative, unoriginal, spineless, soulless, trendy corporate toilet trash that needs to stay as far away from our park as possible. I don't even like it the way it is now (except for the Go Go Go White Sox song because that's different) but with Nancy permanently gone it'll be a thousand times worse.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 08:34 AM)
I also hope they replace her, I really liked having a real organist at the games, instead of purely canned stuff. I think I am going to write to Brooks on this.

Most of the other ballparks out there have replaced their organists with canned stuff. I feel the same way as you here. I hope they replace her, but I kinda doubt it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)

I take it Greg went on his coffee break and you are filling in for him?

I'm old enough to actually remember Nancy working some Bulls games. She will be missed. At least we have a season to prepare ourselves and give her the proper send off. I read where Brooks Boyer hopes she still will make occassional appearances when she retires. Over 40 years of service, she truly is a gem.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
I'm old enough to actually remember Nancy working some Bulls games. She will be missed. At least we have a season to prepare ourselves and give her the proper send off. I read where Brooks Boyer hopes she still will make occassional appearances when she retires. Over 40 years of service, she truly is a gem.

:cheers

Great post.