Mat Gamel Discussion

Marty34

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
Beckham seems to have permanently captured 3B in the eyes of the Sox. I wanted Beckham at 2B but I think that ship has sailed. I doubt Viciedo will be moved to RF and CQ is already in LF, so Viciedo will probably go to 1B.

So, if we already have a 3B with an incredibly high ceiling that we'll have to move to 1B, then why would we trade an asset from an area of weakness (the bullpen, where Hudson should be headed for 2010) just to create a logjam?

I have no problems selling high on Hudson, but if we do, I want a major piece that will help us immediately, and depending on what type of player that would be, I'd gladly throw in the keys to the rest of our farm to get him.

You mean Adrian Gonzalez. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Danks' circulatory problem with his finger, Floyd's bad hip and Buehrle's weakening shoulder, I think we better hang on to Hudson. And please, no Gamel. The Brewers were very disappointed by his cluelessness at the plate this year (his poor fielding was no surprise) and they'd love to move him to anyone who hasn't updated their scouting reports.

QUOTE (logic101 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 01:38 AM)
Considering Danks' circulatory problem with his finger, Floyd's bad hip and Buehrle's weakening shoulder, I think we better hang on to Hudson. And please, no Gamel. The Brewers were very disappointed by his cluelessness at the plate this year (his poor fielding was no surprise) and they'd love to move him to anyone who hasn't updated their scouting reports.

I do have the feeling however that there are physical issues with every single player on this team, and also, that any player we'd bring in to the organization would bring in his own issues as well which Hermie and his staff would have to deal with. 162 games plus Spring Training plus the playoffs when we make them makes more a very, very long season of doing things that in many cases the human body was not designed to do. Until we have indications of disabilities that would scare even Hermie and his staff, we should operate like a confident Major League organization, not a frightened one. That means, if someone comes along with an offer involving our unproven prospect for their veteran MLB player, and if that veteran MLB player seriously kicks ass and gives us a shot at a title in 2010, then we make the deal that helps us the most.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects