Treasure or Trash?

scenario

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 01:54 AM)
"Josh Fields -- Ifhe could hit, Beckham could move to short, and Ramirez could be traded for a leadoff hitter. . . ."

Big if.

His fielding scares me more than his hitting. Rosy was on crack with that comment.

Gavin Floyd -- If Bert Blyleven wasn’t a Twinkie guy, he’d be the perfect tutor for your curveball. Whatever, if you ever figure out consistent control, you’d be a no-hit threat once you take the mound instead once a month. . . .

something about this sentence is off. It's too stream of consciousness and so I don't know what the f*** he is talking about. Instead once a month what, instead OF once a month? I hate writers like this.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
Gavin Floyd -- If Bert Blyleven wasn’t a Twinkie guy, he’d be the perfect tutor for your curveball. Whatever, if you ever figure out consistent control, you’d be a no-hit threat once you take the mound instead once a month. . . .

something about this sentence is off. It's too stream of consciousness and so I don't know what the f*** he is talking about. Instead once a month what, instead OF once a month? I hate writers like this.

Probably should say "you'd be a no-hit threat every time you take the mound instead of once a month," which would make it a true statement.

With Dotel, 9 times out of 10, you can tell from Batter #1 what he's going to be like that day. If he looks bad against that first batter, pull him. If you are willing to do that, Dotel's overall results would be far better than they have been.

We need a sabermetrician to help us out on your assertion.

How many times is Dotel the bad Dotel when the first batter gets on base.

I don't see how a manager can use a "one batter rule" on a reliever, but I do agree when he's bad you often can tell right away.

Do the stats back you up, though.

i think our bullpen overall wasnt as bad as people think except for linebrink so bringing back dotel for the right price would be ok with me . our bullpen was hurt more do to lack of run support they had really no margin for error . oh and our defense hurt much more then our bullpen so for me some tweaking of that pen should be all we need . but better defense and more run production is our real problems