**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
BTW Girardi really needs to bench Swisher. 0-3 at getting the runner home with less than 2 outs the last 2 days.

Everytime I watch Swisher, I think about all the tools on this site (yes, I said it) that still back his play. The guy is a f***ing loser, cokehead and I'm so glad he's the f*** out of Chicago.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Everytime I watch Swisher, I think about all the tools on this site (yes, I said it) that still back his play. The guy is a f***ing loser, cokehead and I'm so glad he's the f*** out of Chicago.

+1

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
This is totally their year. They finally went out and signed some good pitching, instead of some flukes. It shows.

I think that a Yanks/Phillies WS would be competitive (and fun to watch), but I agree that the Yankees will probably win.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
I'm not sure that this is a result of them "buying" a World Series, well, not any more than they have tried to buy one in the past. The fact that they actually may win this year certainly does not make it a wise strategy in the overall scheme of things to spend as much as they do.

They're able to buy their way into the playoffs almost every year, which certainly puts them at an advantage over other teams.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
I hate when people talk about the Yankees buying the World Series. Yes, they are doing that this year, but I'm pretty sure the Red Sox had the highest payroll ever to win a World Series in 2004. And they had an even higher payroll when they won it in 2007.

I dont think that makes it any better that the Red Sox are also buying a championship. The Yankees were still attempting to buy a world series in 04 and 07, they just threw their money into a bunch of declining once great baseball players that couldnt get over the hump.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
I dont think that makes it any better that the Red Sox are also buying a championship. The Yankees were still attempting to buy a world series in 04 and 07, they just threw their money into a bunch of declining once great baseball players that couldnt get over the hump.

I'm not saying it's any better. I just don't like the idea that the Red Sox don't catch s*** for "buying" championships because they do it successfully, while the Yankees catch s*** for failing at it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
I hate when people talk about the Yankees buying the World Series. Yes, they are doing that this year, but I'm pretty sure the Red Sox had the highest payroll ever to win a World Series in 2004. And they had an even higher payroll when they won it in 2007.

I called Boston the "New Evil Empire" all year that year and ever since. They're just as bad, and their fans are worse.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)

I remember talking to an A's fan, when the Sox traded for Swisher. I was excited, but he was just as excited to see him out of Oakland. I didnt get why he wanted him gone, but he told me, just wait til he starts playing for your team. Now I know why he hated him so much, i agree with you 100%

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
With Lackey on the mound, good chance that this series goes back to NY and Pettitte

I think the Angels need to keep scoring runs but it looks good for them to get the series back to NY. Especially with a seemingly big strike zone being called tonight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
Weaver's on tap for game 6 right?

I think it is Saunders then Weaver but I'm not sure. Angels finally getting the benefit of some calls tonight. A couple of called third strikes that definitely weren't strikes and Damon was definitely safe at first there.