**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm still not sure how i feel about Swisher.. even as a yankee..

I emailed him via his website when we first traded for him, and he wrote me back a really nice note. And it seemed like it actually came from him, as opposed to some employee or something.

I will always cheer him on because of that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Gotta give the halos credit, I figured they'd fold when the Yankees took the lead. Good fight.

Agreed. I thought the game was over of course I also thought Girardi would got straight to his pen and maybe even give Rivera 2 innings to close that game out. I still will never understand that pitch that Hughes threw to Guerrero in the 7th.

Also, can you even play Swisher anymore if you are the Yankees? He is basically single handedly costing you the series by screwing up constantly with runners in scoring position.

I am not privy to everything that Swish does in his private life, nor what occurred in our clubhouse last season, but wow, I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy go from generally liked to completely reviled so quickly (and without anyone really knowing what he even did in the first place).

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
I am not privy to everything that Swish does in his private life, nor what occurred in our clubhouse last season, but wow, I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy go from generally liked to completely reviled so quickly (and without anyone really knowing what he even did in the first place).

I don't care about his personality but he was absolutely terrible for the Sox last year and then b****ed about being benched when the Sox were in a pennant chase. It has also been hilarious watching him try to hit with RISP this postseason.

Why Scioscia pulled Jered Weaver who looked filthy in the 8th for Fuentes is completely beyond me. Yes, Weaver would be the likely Game 7 starter, but you need to get there first. Fuentes was shaky in Games 2, 3 & 5. How in the world can you possibly send him back out for a Game 6 or 7?

At least seeing Swisher come up empty does my heart well. Shades of '08.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
I don't care about his personality but he was absolutely terrible for the Sox last year and then b****ed about being benched when the Sox were in a pennant chase. It has also been hilarious watching him try to hit with RISP this postseason.

Well, for one thing, he was benched for Dewayne Wise. I would have been a little pissed too, if I were him. Even still, the amount of s*** the guy gets goes waaaayy beyond his performance on the field last year. People generally hate this guy.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
Well, for one thing, he was benched for Dewayne Wise. I would have been a little pissed too, if I were him. Even still, the amount of s*** the guy gets goes waaaayy beyond his performance on the field last year. People generally hate this guy.

I don't actually hate him, I've just been commenting on his play in this postseason which has been embarrassingly bad.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)

Frankly, at the time, Wise was playing better than him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)

He had his moments in a Sox uni but overall he did suck,still have no idea why there's a deep hatred for Swish.

OCab sucked too yet there isn't the same hatred for him that Swisher inspires in soxtalk...