**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Frankly, at the time, Wise was playing better than him.

Yeah, agreed, at the time. This was a very similar move in my view to Torre playing Belliard at 2b instead of ODog.

Still, not a move I am sure I would have made.

Then again, that's why I don't get paid the big bucks!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
I am not privy to everything that Swish does in his private life, nor what occurred in our clubhouse last season, but wow, I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy go from generally liked to completely reviled so quickly (and without anyone really knowing what he even did in the first place).

I'm shocked at the sheer venom of some of the hatred directed towards Swish. He had one bad year, and suddenly he's a drug-abusing, son of a b****. i don't see the need to try to destroy someone who did little to deserve such hatred.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
Once it got to 3-2 Fuentes is probably just thinking, this guy really sucks so if I get over a BP fastball Swisher won't do anything with it so just throw a strike.

I actually thought Swisher was just gonna keep the bat and his shoulders and hope for a walk.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Well, for one thing, he was benched for Dewayne Wise. I would have been a little pissed too, if I were him. Even still, the amount of s*** the guy gets goes waaaayy beyond his performance on the field last year. People generally hate this guy.

That tells you everything you need to know about Swisher in a Sox uni.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
He had his moments in a Sox uni but overall he did suck,still have no idea why there's a deep hatred for Swish.

OCab sucked too yet there isn't the same hatred for him that Swisher inspires in soxtalk...

OCab was one of the few Sox that played very well offensively down the stretch to help them get into the playoffs. He rubbed some of the Sox vets the wrong way, but the Twins loved him.

Swisher did nothing but suck, sulk, and do blow. Oh ya and he blew too!!!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
He had his moments in a Sox uni but overall he did suck,still have no idea why there's a deep hatred for Swish.

OCab sucked too yet there isn't the same hatred for him that Swisher inspires in soxtalk...

Between what we traded for Swisher, and what he was billed to be when he arrived here, it is two different stories. And believe me, no one likes Cabrera either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
Between what we traded for Swisher, and what he was billed to be when he arrived here, it is two different stories. And believe me, no one likes Cabrera either.

I do. He's not the player he once was, but I had no problem with OC on the Sox. He was solid.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
I am not privy to everything that Swish does in his private life, nor what occurred in our clubhouse last season, but wow, I'm not sure I have ever seen a guy go from generally liked to completely reviled so quickly (and without anyone really knowing what he even did in the first place).

He sucked at baseball for the Chicago White Sox.

Also, why did Girardi let Swisher bat there? He's been terrible this series, especially with RISP. I'm not sure what their bench was like at the time, but you have to do something there. Girardi's a terrible manager.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)

Also, why did Girardi let Swisher bat there? He's been terrible this series, especially with RISP. I'm not sure what their bench was like at the time, but you have to do something there. Girardi's a terrible manager.

Swisher does suck, but his only other two options were Jerry Hairston and 3rd catcher Cervelli. Maybe you roll the dice with Hairston, Jr, but I dont know

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)

Everything is always so cut and dry, black and white, and so simple for you.

Personally, I am shocked that more people of importance haven't recognized this and asked to you make more of an impact on the world.

Honestly, stop and think, for just one second here with me. Joe Girardi has been in baseball for like 40 years, nearly all of his time breathing on this planet. You, on the other hand, have probably been watching baseball for 5 years. And yet, you are the brilliant one and he is the terrible manager.

Of course. How could I have suspected otherwise.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Everything is always so cut and dry, black and white, and so simple for you.

Personally, I am shocked that more people of importance haven't recognized this and asked to you make more of an impact on the world.

Honestly, stop and think, for just one second here with me. Joe Girardi has been in baseball for like 40 years, nearly all of his time breathing on this planet. You, on the other hand, have probably been watching baseball for 5 years. And yet, you are the brilliant one and he is the terrible manager.

Of course. How could I have suspected otherwise.

Wow, I'm not sure what I did to piss you off. Take it down a notch, forum moderator.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 06:42 AM)
This is why they should play more doubleheaders. Get the season so that it doesn't end in November.

That would deny Jeter his nickname.

Anyway...so you're the angels manager. Do you go with Saunders tonight or Weaver now that he's on normal rest?

And...do you consider Lackey in relief tonight or do you consider throwing out a Lackey/Captain cheeseburger matchup if it gets to 7?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
No one watching game 6? Anyways huge AB coming up with ARod up with the bases loaded.

looked like a strike to me...either way I have a feeling this game might get out of hand super quick, unless the Angels bullpen steps up. Jared Weaver should pitch the next few innings

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
looked like a strike to me...either way I have a feeling this game might get out of hand super quick, unless the Angels bullpen steps up. Jared Weaver should pitch the next few innings

I thought it was a strike as well. Of course with the way ARod is swinging the bat and the fact Posada just grounded into a double play that call might not have been the worst case scenario for the Angels since it would have only been a full count if that is a strike.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
I thought it was a strike as well. Of course with the way ARod is swinging the bat and the fact Posada just grounded into a double play that call might not have been the worst case scenario for the Angels since it would have only been a full count if that is a strike.

very true, A-Rod may have hit a granny on the 3-2 pitch, but instead with that double play its still a game

i saw santana warming up, but with the way weaver looked in the 8th inning of game 5, I'd bring him in for sure

Mr. Playoffs Derek Jeter actually misses a ball, but somehow he makes sure it bounces to the 2nd baseman for the out.

phil hughes was unhittable during the season, but has sucked in the playoffs, so the angels still got a shot in the 8th to come back

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Mr. Playoffs Derek Jeter actually misses a ball, but somehow he makes sure it bounces to the 2nd baseman for the out.

phil hughes was unhittable during the season, but has sucked in the playoffs, so the angels still got a shot in the 8th to come back

I think the Yankees are going to Mariano for a six out save.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
I think the Yankees are going to Mariano for a six out save.

probably the right move too, his postseason numbers are ridiculous...he makes the managers job so easy...

never realized how good Texiera is with his glove...