**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
God, i hope the Phillies put up a fight.

I think they can. I don't like their bullpen and outside of Lee I really don't like their SP because I can't see any way Pedro and Blanton hold down the Yankee offense but I think they can score and make the series competitive that way.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Terrible pitch selection there again by the Yankees. I'll say it again when you have Guerrero with two strikes why the f*** are you throwing a fastball on the next pitch. So dumb.

But huge inning for the Angels obviously.

Hughes just refused to listen to Posada. Tried to get too cute and should have definitely gone with the breaking ball again.

Angels go back on top. I'm going to say that the pitch selection to Guerrero has to be one of the all time dumbest pitches I have seen. 1-2 count against a guy who swing at crap out of the zone all the time and had looked terrible against Hughes breaking ball and you throw a fastball. I will never get that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Hughes just refused to listen to Posada. Tried to get too cute and should have definitely gone with the breaking ball again.

Which is odd because Hughe's curve was supposed to be phenomenal when he was coming up in the minors. He's just another pitcher who fell in love with his fastball.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
Which is odd because Hughe's curve was supposed to be phenomenal when he was coming up in the minors. He's just another pitcher who fell in love with his fastball.

His curve is his best pitch and was clearly his best option tonight. He made Guerrero look really bad when he threw him the curveball.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)

Hughes definitely shook him off there a couple of times but if your Posada go out there and tell him to throw the breaking ball in the dirt. There is absolutely no reason to ever throw Guerrero a fastball anywhere near the zone in that situation and that is twice the Yankees have done that in key situations in the series and it has killed them both times.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Weaver out of the pen? Hope that means its his throwing day and he can still go in game 7.

Yeah, my guess is they are using this as his "side session" and just taking advantage of it. He'll most likely come back and pitch on Sunday, if necessary.