2009 Fantasy Football VENT Thread

Brian

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7/9 teams I have clinched a playoff spot :headbang

My main league not included. Interestingly actually, last week of the playoffs in that league and only 4/8 teams have clinched, I have the most points but am tied for the 7 and 8 seed.

Other league I'm last in division, my team is so inconsistent, two wins and I can make it, doesn't look good though.

Needed to win today to get in the playoffs and am gonna lose with, probably, the 2nd highest points in the league this week. Of course the guy I am playing will have the most.

I could also make it if another team loses, but the team he is playing forgot to take D. Jackson out of his lineup and they are in a close battle.

Holy cow! I am on the verge of an improbable comeback.

Yes! Romo to Miles puts me up 4. I was down big time going into the afternoon games and behind Romo, Jacobs, and LT, have come back.

Tomorrow night will be nerve wracking. Guy I am facing has Mason Crosby. Come on Baltimore defense!!!!

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
So what happened Brian?

I'm up 4 going into Monday Nights game, but the guy I am playing has Crosby kicking. Come on Raven Defense!

I was down 129-56 heading into the afternoon games and am now up 133-129

Up by 35 and still have Longwell tonight but opponent has Rodgers and Peterson to go.

So a big FU to Roddy White and your meaningless TD on the last play of the game, Andy Reid and McNabb for just sucking, and Dallas Clark for being a no-show. Plus my league doesn't give me points for Meachem's fumble recovery for a TD. Ugh

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
Up by 35 and still have Longwell tonight but opponent has Rodgers and Peterson to go.

So a big FU to Roddy White and your meaningless TD on the last play of the game, Andy Reid and McNabb for just sucking, and Dallas Clark for being a no-show. Plus my league doesn't give me points for Meachem's fumble recovery for a TD. Ugh

Well so far I'm still alive for a playoff spot because of the bolded. Up by about 33 and need Rodgers to get less than that tonight. Hope the Ravens D is up for the challenge. :pray

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
Well so far I'm still alive for a playoff spot because of the bolded. Up by about 33 and need Rodgers to get less than that tonight. Hope the Ravens D is up for the challenge. :pray

I'm with ya on praying for the Baltimore D. Great news I just read was that Suggs is out tonight...Son of a B....

That mixed with I saw Yahoo! gave my opponent 2 points, taking away a Dallas Clark fumble. Now I am only up 2 with him having Crosby kicking tonight. As soo as he kicks a field goal, i'm turning the game off.

I own Clark and it wasn't really a fumble from what I've read. I think an onside kick bounced off him and the Titans recovered. He never had possession of the ball.

Best of luck tonight. Lets hope for a Ravens shut out.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
I'm really regretting trading brett favre and brandon marshall for ronnie brown earlier in the season. goddamnit

Yikes. Rough, in hindsight. Marshall has feast or famine tendencies though. That would have annoyed me enough to make that trade too. Orton didn't really pass to anyone but Marshall this week, can't really expect that to work every week.

The dude I'm playing had the Eagles D last night who got some lucky as breaks to score points, like the fumble bouncing off a player's foot directly to the Eagles DB who ran it back for a touchdown. Or the punt return where Jackson had like 5 yards on the sideline to work with and the Giants had terrible coverage.

Of course what's even worse is that that scrub Quinton Ganther had 21 pts against me too, so I'm currently down 18 points with Fitz and Gore tonight. They better do something to even it out, but if not for Ganther or the Eagles, I'd be up by like 40.

I have Aaron Rodgers and he had his worst game all season in my first round playoff game. I lost by 30 and nobody in my starting lineup scored a TD. I had Rodgers, J. Stewart, Shady McCoy, Justin Forsett, Vincent Jackson, Greg Jennings, Robert Meachem, the Ravens D/ST & Garrett Hartley.

Ridiculous.

Made playoffs in all 8 of my leauges.

Was up against Dallas Clark in all but two of my leagues. Also faced Jerome Harrison in 3 of my leagues and Charles in 3. Rodgers in 2.

Just about all my matchups I faced the highest scoring team.

I'm in the semis in 7 leagues and I'm going to lose everyone.

The league I care about the least I'm going to win my first round matchup as long as Devin Thomas doesn't go nuts.

A big game from Lawrency Tynes could help me savor the Soxtalk league. Unlikely he gets 18 points though.

This past week were our semi-finals. After the 4 o'clock games ended I was winning by 2 points. I still had DeAngelo Williams, he still had Brandon Jacobs. DeAngelo scores 2.6 before getting hurt, making my lead just under 5 points. Jacobs scores 6.3 points. I lose by 1.5 points.

f***ing livid. I had the 2nd seed and the most points scored this year and Thomas Jones only gets my 5 points this week and Williams gets hurt in the first quarter! If Williams played one more series I probably win. Or if Welker caught just one of those 5 or 6 balls just behind him I win. Or if I played any of my bench guys at my flex position I win. Never been this mad about fantasy football before.

Damn that sucks. I'd be infuriated too. And what a waste of a #1 pick Deangelo was for me too. I was down about 30 going into the Sunday night game with him and Ryan Longwell going and my opponent was done. Was praying for a nice 10 point performance from Longwell (got me 1 stinking point) and a decent game from Deangelo. But of course he blew any chance I had pretty quickly. Can't believe I made it that far with him as my #1 pick. What a bust compared to his 2008 numbers.

Geez...

2 of my semifinal matchups I lost by less than .50 points. Absolutely ridiculous. One league I would've beat any other team and I was the top seed.

My other league had 4 divisions and I had the most points but my division record sucked so I was seeded 5th, an go figure I face the highest scoring team of the week besides my own and lose by less than .50.

I hate fractional points!

luckily the Giants got me 27 in one when I was down 25 in my one league to make the ship :headbang

Going for le bronze trophies.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
No need for me to vent, I'm the Soxtalk League 1 Champion!

Ya got me.

I was going for the gold with both of my teams and both wound up with silver. I'm not disappointed though since prior to this season I have sucked at fantasy football.

Congrats, Bones! :notworthy