2010 Spring Training Schedule

Partial 2010 Spring Training Schedule LINK

The Cubs visit Camelback Ranch on Friday 3/19, the Padres vist on Saturday 3/20 and the Blackhawks are in town to play the Coyotes that night. Camelback Ranch and Jobing.com arenas are only about a 10 min. drive apart.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 07:06 PM)
The name "Camelback Ranch" just sounds strange. They should change it.

I suggest they change it to "The Chicken Ranch," or perhaps even "The Bunny Ranch."

I'll bet we would have all sorts of players showing up early for Spring Training were that to be the case...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:07 AM)
I hope I can make it back to Camelback this spring. It’s a spectacular facility.

^.

And go check out a minorleague game if you can also.

Got to see about 2 or 3 game at the same time this year which was pretty cool to say the least.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)
^.

And go check out a minorleague game if you can also.

Got to see about 2 or 3 game at the same time this year which was pretty cool to say the least.

I stopped by Camelback just to see the park when the Sox were out of town last spring. I told the guy blocking the entrance my son and I wanted to check out the park, he said pull right in and park by the Indians team bus (no charge). After walking around for a 1/2 hour I bump into, not 1 but 2 Sox - Indians games right next to each other, with a grand total of about 10 people in the stands. I get as close as I can and look over and I'm right next to Coop on a golf cart, he's watching John Danks on the mound. Also got to see Viciedo, Tim Rains Jr. hit a triple. Also heard a the guy next to me talking Sox baseball on his cell, Bruce Levine doing the Score update, talking about a possible Buehrle injury (same as every spring). As we left we stopped by the other game, Brandon Allen walks to the plate and hits one farther than I've ever seen anyone hit a ball in person, over the fence, the landscaping, the walking path and landed in the middle of the pond.

BTW They've added a 2nd Cubs game at CR on Sunday March 7th.

• 3 weeks later...

White Sox full spring training schedule.

The Chicago White Sox begin their 2010 spring training schedule on Friday, March 5 against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Camelback Ranch - Glendale, the teams' spring training ballpark in Glendale, Ariz.

The White Sox currently are scheduled to play 34 games during spring training in 2010, including 16 at Camelback Ranch - Glendale. The Sox will play five games against the crosstown-rival Chicago Cubs this coming spring. Those games include Saturday, March 6 in Mesa; Sunday, March 7 in Glendale; Friday, March 12 and Saturday, March 13 at Cashman Field in Las Vegas; and Friday, March 19 in Glendale. In addition to the spring opener, the White Sox are scheduled to play two other games vs. the Dodgers at Camelback Ranch - Glendale on Saturday, March 6 (split squad) and Wednesday, March 17.

This spring the White Sox play two night games at Camelback Ranch - Glendale on Monday, March 15 vs. the Kansas City Royals and Monday, March 29 vs. the L.A. Angels of Anaheim. Both games start at 7:05 p.m. (MT time).

The Cactus League schedule for the White Sox closes with a split squad game against the Seattle Mariners on Thursday, April 1. The team also will play an exhibition game in Charlotte, N.C. vs. the Knights (White Sox Class AAA affiliate) on April 1. The White Sox close the 2010 spring training schedule with a two-game set vs. the Atlanta Braves at Turner Field on Friday, April 2 and Saturday, April 3. The White Sox open the 2010 regular season in Chicago vs. the Cleveland Indians on April 5 at U.S. Cellular Field.

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
I stopped by Camelback just to see the park when the Sox were out of town last spring. I told the guy blocking the entrance my son and I wanted to check out the park, he said pull right in and park by the Indians team bus (no charge). After walking around for a 1/2 hour I bump into, not 1 but 2 Sox - Indians games right next to each other, with a grand total of about 10 people in the stands. I get as close as I can and look over and I'm right next to Coop on a golf cart, he's watching John Danks on the mound. Also got to see Viciedo, Tim Rains Jr. hit a triple. Also heard a the guy next to me talking Sox baseball on his cell, Bruce Levine doing the Score update, talking about a possible Buehrle injury (same as every spring). As we left we stopped by the other game, Brandon Allen walks to the plate and hits one farther than I've ever seen anyone hit a ball in person, over the fence, the landscaping, the walking path and landed in the middle of the pond.

BTW They've added a 2nd Cubs game at CR on Sunday March 7th.

Similar thing happened to me. After the Sox/A's game last March my cousin and I walked back to those fields in the back. We saw the Indians and Dodgers playing a pair of games. Tommy LaSorda drove past me in his golf cart, I waved as he passed and he waved back and said "Hey guys!" as he drove by.

I actually took video of all the players walking around past me and scouts taking notes, I should upload the video and show you guys. This is the only video I have uploaded currently.....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1126222798746

• 2 months later...

Anyone else going out for the Sox/Blackhawks double dip the weekend of March 19-20? I'm planning to fly in Phoenix on the 16th and go to the game against Colorado that afternoon. I'm than driving to CA to see the Blackhawks play the Ducks and Kings on 3/17 and 3/18. Returning to Phoenix for the Sox games on 3/19 and 3/20 plus the Hawks game Saturday night. Should be an awesome trip....3 Sox games and 3 Hawks games in only 5 days!