Heads22

WTG Frank! 400! First player to ever wear a Sox uniform and hit 400! And he did em all for us! Awesome! I love ya Frank! Hes gotta be the best hitter in Sox history! And its update time! :headbang :headbang :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

And abozichiu, I know ya like Mark and I respect that but this is the biggest moment of Franks career. Let him have his time in the limelight... :)

Id go with everyone else and say if he gets 500 it will be in 2006. Ive also heard he wants to retire at the end of 2006. So lets says he gets 14 more this season. That puts him at 414. Then over 3 years, hell need 86 homeruns. Thats about 29 homeruns a year. He could do that. And do you seriously think if he reaches 2007 and is at 485 homeruns or something hes gonna quit? No. Hell only be 38 so he could go one last year in that scenario.

He'll probably do it (500) in 2006, barring injury, diminished skills, etc.  I would hate to see his lifetime batting average fall below .300, but if he hits .275 until the end of 2006 it most likely will.

Actually Jim, I just figured it out. And he wont fall below .300 in your given case. I used the projected totals for this year and added them on to his career totals. Then I figured out how many hits you would need to hit .275 in 550 ABs. Its 151. So if for the next three years he gets 151 hits in 550 ABs, hell be hitting .303. And hell have a very respectable 2502 career hits...