Spam this idiot

Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
Here's another one "Danks is not that much more valuable than Lopez. Sorry, he’s just not."

Moron.

What kind of Koolaid is this idiot drinking?

Jose Lopez is a mediocre player. He had a decent year this past season because Wakamatsu batted him third, a horrible spot for a guy with an OPS near .770 and a wOBA of only .325. So he's a below average hitter and his UZR says he's a barely above average fielder. In the end, he's average and not as valuable as Danks, who posted a 2.9 WAR last year while Lopez posted a 2.6.

Now, I must say, I really like Mark Lowe and I would like the prospect of getting him to be our setup man next year. However, I would definitely not do it at the expense of Danks. This trade would make a lot more sense if we handed them Jenks (for us at least).

Edited by chw42

KW's on the record that if we're adding anything to the offensive lineup this off-season, it's guys who can get on base.

Jose Lopez had a .303 OBP this season with a 69/24 K/BB ratio. I will say that at least away from Safeco though, Lopez had a .883 OPS this season with a .348 OBP, so this is some sort of merit to think that his numbers at the Cell would be certainly in the upper echleon for a second baseman.

I think we'll stick with a Getz / Nix platoon at 2B for at least another season. Getz showed enough potential plate discipline wise, to indicate that if he can improve his power numbers next season, he'll become a very solid second baseman for us.

Danks would be a Cy Young contender potentially pitching at Safeco also, hence why that guy probably proposed the deal in the first place.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
They tried last year, he turned us down.

He also said it was a tough decision that he left in the hands of his agent, plus we didn't make a really big offer or anything. We'll need to offer quite a bit more this time around, but we should still try it IMO. Ditto with Carlos and Beckham. I wouldn't mind buying out Alexei's two arb years either.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 05:53 AM)
He also said it was a tough decision that he left in the hands of his agent, plus we didn't make a really big offer or anything. We'll need to offer quite a bit more this time around, but we should still try it IMO. Ditto with Carlos and Beckham. I wouldn't mind buying out Alexei's two arb years either.

I think there's too many question marks on Alexei ATM for the Sox to do that.

I'd like to at least see him hit around his career average / OPS for the 1st 2 months of the season in cold weather instead of hovering below the Mendoza line for starters.

The improved plate discipline this season was a nice improvement though.