Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?

Kyyle23

Her appearance probably had no relationship with his orgasm. Part of what he got off on was the power and control he felt he had over her. A strong, successful, woman, who presumably had choices in who she had sex with, would not have given him that feeling. In many ways, this mimics rape, although I hesitate to bring that into the discussion because I do not want anyone to get the impression I am calling this rape. Just the motivators are similar. Then the reinforcement of the relationship is the orgasm. This relationship was simply about sex, not about kids, financial matters, the stress of living, the car repairs, the kids orthodontist appointment, etc. He was not looking for Miss Right, he was looking for Miss Right-Now who was willing to make certain sacrifices just to have sex with him, something his current wife (and for very good reasons) probably was not.

Scenario A: I'm home!

Great, Junir needs to be picked up from Michael's house and dropped off at soccer practice. I'm going to help Sarah with her homework. BTW, don't forget to take out the garbage and you promised to make dinner tonight . . .

Scenario B: I'm here!

Great, I've been thinking about having sex with you all day . . .

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
I'm not saying the comments are "classy." But there are circumstances where a person deserves better, and others where I have no real sympathy. Look, when SNL ripped David Paterson for being blind no one here, besides me, seemed to care. I thought it was wrong. Classless comments have a tendency to be funny. To me, and to most, there is a line where such comments are just aren't funny and are just wrong. That line can vary for everyone.

That's why I ask, why does she deserve something better? What line has been crossed? If people have reasons, then let me know.

So far, all I know is that by comparing her to Meg Griffin, I'm classless, and insecure. No, I just thought it was funny.

We're talking about two different things. People we would consider to have class, or to be kind, or to be compassionate, do not evaluate the person they are talking about, they say the classy, kind, or compassionate things because that is who they are. That is my point. So for me, it is not necessary for her to do anything.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Still missing the point. If you read my post, you'll see why. I specifically said, I don't feel bad for this particular woman, at all. I also specifically said she acted stupidly. Further, I said I don't care if people comment on appearance in the general sense.

So, knowing all that, which I have stated again, let's see if you can figure out what I said I did NOT find OK, and felt the need to point out. If you can't see it, then the conversation is over, because you aren't going to get it.

That's uncalled for. I'm not attacking you. And based on Gage's comment, I'm not going to continue the conversation.

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
That's uncalled for. I'm not attacking you. And based on Gage's comment, I'm not going to continue the conversation.

I really wasn't attacking you, I am saying you won't get it - meaning, you won't see my perspective. Which is fine. I was just stating an opinion on this topic, but not everyone understands or agrees with my viewpoint. That's all.