As N.W.A. once said....

BigSqwert

Wow

Cops plan benefit for officer charged in fatal DUI

October 21, 2009 10:29 PM

Chicago police officers are planning a benefit this weekend at their union headquarters for Joseph Frugoli, who is accused of crashing into a car while driving drunk on the Dan Ryan in April, killing two people.

An invitation to the event is posted on the Web site of the Fraternal Order of Police, and appears next to the numbers "10-1," radio code for officer in need of assistance.

"You're invited to assist Detective Joe Frugoli," the posting reads. Tickets cost $50. A detective lists his name and phone number for further information.

Police said Frugoli's blood-alcohol content was more than three times the legal limit when his Lexus SUV struck a car that had pulled over on the Dan Ryan Expressway north of 18th Street. The car exploded into flames and killed Andrew Cazares, 23, and Fausto Manzera, 21.

Frugoli is also accused of leaving the scene.

FOP President Mark Donahue distanced the organization from the event, saying it was planned by some of the officer's friends.

Donahue said FOP members have a right to use the building, and emphasized that the FOP was not involved or advocating one way or the other regarding the Frugoli case.

I mentioned this earlier today in the speeding thread in SLaM. This pisses me off.

However, let's be clear - as I said in SLaM, this is what makes people hate the cops (the blue wall). The unfortunate side effect is people project that hate to ALL cops, when only some are this insultingly slimy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
I mentioned this earlier today in the speeding thread in SLaM. This pisses me off.

However, let's be clear - as I said in SLaM, this is what makes people hate the cops (the blue wall). The unfortunate side effect is people project that hate to ALL cops, when only some are this insultingly slimy.

+1 I know some very good cops, and have the misfortune to know one that ended up being very slimy and a bad guy. I saw how he seemed to get free passes for his rudeness and bad behavior, and that just makes me sick. I understand their thinking, I just don't agreee with it. Keeping the bad apples around spoils the whole bunch, and right or wrong, guily by association.

I'm sure just about everyone knows someone or knows of a story where a cop (or a relative or friend of a cop) gets the attention when something like this happens. My sister was involved in a car accident years ago where the driver of the other car was stinking drunk. But, because he was the police chief's cousin, they didn't even do a breathalyzer. A few weeks later, he was at a function on crutches and all his buddies were feeling sorry for him. A friend of ours kicked his crutch out from under him.

This deal with having a benefit for a cop who killed two people his horrible. And it's a shame that the good cops out there are sullied by these losers.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
What does this have to do with the National Wrestling Alliance?

:D ;)

I'm ashamed of you for missing that one, Kyyle.

Back on topic, that is indeed hideous and misguided.

while working I see northwest airlines all the time. It was the first thing that popped in my head :D