CJ's Height

scenario

Listed height doesn't mean he really is that tall. I can tell you Jose Contreras isn't 6'4". I also think if you had a guy on the street who says he's 6'2" and walked up next to Buerhle, he would be a little taller than him. Not 3 inches but an inch or so. Ben Gordon, and of course the NBA stretches it a lot, isn't 6 feet and he's listed at 6'3".

I have no idea how tall CJ is, but little guys are fun to have around.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 08:13 AM)
Listed height doesn't mean he really is that tall. I can tell you Jose Contreras isn't 6'4". I also think if you had a guy on the street who says he's 6'2" and walked up next to Buerhle, he would be a little taller than him. Not 3 inches but an inch or so. Ben Gordon, and of course the NBA stretches it a lot, isn't 6 feet and he's listed at 6'3".

I have no idea how tall CJ is, but little guys are fun to have around.

Everyone in the nba is measured with their shoes on unlike the euroleague, australia, and the olympics. The average shoe will increase a players height by no more than 2 inches. Generally, shoes add anywhere from 1.25-1.75 inches... this would be according to pre-draft measurements which date back quite aways. There is no chance gordon is under 6 feet. Zero.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 09:27 AM)
Everyone in the nba is measured with their shoes on unlike the euroleague, australia, and the olympics. The average shoe will increase a players height by no more than 2 inches. Generally, shoes add anywhere from 1.25-1.75 inches... this would be according to pre-draft measurements which date back quite aways. There is no chance gordon is under 6 feet. Zero.

If there was a way we could get him in for a measurement, I would bet you everything I have he isn't 6 feet tall with no shoes on and heels on the ground. Even Doug Collins said he wasn't a centimeter over 5'10". His pre draft measurement was 6'1", and he was probably on his toes.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
If there was a way we could get him in for a measurement, I would bet you everything I have he isn't 6 feet tall with no shoes on and heels on the ground. Even Doug Collins said he wasn't a centimeter over 5'10". His pre draft measurement was 6'1", and he was probably on his toes.

Should have just said he was only 5'10 in the first place, would have been more amusing. Gordon was 5'10 with shoes on according to collins i'm sure? Shoes off? Doug collins may be the only person in the world to make such a claim (which i have never seen or heard... but i will take your word for it). No league in the world tacks on five inches to a players actual height, for any sport. Three inches is already highly stretching it. Things like 3-5 inches in height differential seems like it would be slightly more noticeable to everyone other than yourself, well, and of course good ol' doug. You go right ahead and believe in your tippy toe theory, because after all it's only logical.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 24, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
Should have just said he was only 5'10 in the first place, would have been more amusing. Gordon was 5'10 with shoes on according to collins i'm sure? Shoes off? Doug collins may be the only person in the world to make such a claim (which i have never seen or heard... but i will take your word for it). No league in the world tacks on five inches to a players actual height, for any sport. Three inches is already highly stretching it. Things like 3-5 inches in height differential seems like it would be slightly more noticeable to everyone other than yourself, well, and of course good ol' doug. You go right ahead and believe in your tippy toe theory, because after all it's only logical.

I didn't say he was 5'10", thats Collins, I said he was under 6 feet. Sam Smith believes he about 6 feet tall. The pre draft measurement was 6'1". So I'm saying he's a little more than an inch shorter than that measurement. Its not a lot, but it is a heck of a lot closer than the 6'3" he is listed at. Sorry to bother you. You should put me on ignore.

Edited by Dick Allen

• 2 weeks later...

nba is notorious for stretching player's heights. If you want to see how tall a guy actually is then check out the pre draft camp measurements where they check their height with and without shoes etc... those are the numbers that the teams use when valuing players and they need to have accurate numbers.

C.J. Retherford is 5'10" and he might even be 5'11". He looks shorter because he is stocky, but mostly because his legs and forearms are huge. He was taller than me and I'm 5'9". The shortest guy on the Barons was C.J. Lang, he was about 5'7" or 5'8" and Retherford was taller than him. Baseball players are bigger than they look, I even think Jordan Danks is taller than listed. Nobody was taller than him on the Barons this past year. He may be at least 6'5".

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
Baseball players are bigger than they look, I even think Jordan Danks is taller than listed. Nobody was taller than him on the Barons this past year. He may be at least 6'5".

Danks is so lanky he looks a lot taller in person. I remember being wowed by his size in college. He's really tall and still fast.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
Danks is so lanky he looks a lot taller in person. I remember being wowed by his size in college. He's really tall and still fast.

Yeah, his lankiness is deceptive, but I still think he may actually be 6'5".

• 3 weeks later...