Free Agent Predictions

striker

I added free agent predictions capabilities to my site www.fan-exchange.com. If you are interested, signup and post your predictions. Predict destination team, total years of contract and total dollars. I plan on adding contract information to the site similar to cots so I can score accuracy on the prediction.

Check it out:

http://www.fan-exchange.com/mlb/predictionsfreeagents.asp

I'd be on board for Rick Ankiel. He's a plus defensive outfielder and I think he has a lot of nice offensive tools, even though this past year was a down defensive season compared to his season of two years ago.

Plus he'd provide some nice pop from the left side of the plate.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
I'd be on board for Rick Ankiel. He's a plus defensive outfielder and I think he has a lot of nice offensive tools, even though this past year was a down defensive season compared to his season of two years ago.

Plus he'd provide some nice pop from the left side of the plate.

It would clearly be a risk though since he really did stink it up last season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
It would clearly be a risk though since he really did stink it up last season.

He was consistently terrible. You're also going to have a hard time finding people who agree with your evaluation of his defense, aside from his canon arm he's an incredibly mediocre defender. He's also a Boras client, an HGH user and a mental midget.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
He was consistently terrible. You're also going to have a hard time finding people who agree with your evaluation of his defense, aside from his canon arm he's an incredibly mediocre defender. He's also a Boras client, an HGH user and a mental midget.

You are probably right, but I'd think for a corner OF'er he'd be pretty good defensively. Good speed, great arm, etc. He has nice power, the HGH thing is something I had forgotten about and obviously he was awful last year. Still, he's got a nice skill-set and depending on what the Sox do I could see them going that route.

I wouldn't guarantee greatness though, but he's got the ability to be a solid back of the order power bat for cheap.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
You are probably right, but I'd think for a corner OF'er he'd be pretty good defensively. Good speed, great arm, etc. He has nice power, the HGH thing is something I had forgotten about and obviously he was awful last year. Still, he's got a nice skill-set and depending on what the Sox do I could see them going that route.

I wouldn't guarantee greatness though, but he's got the ability to be a solid back of the order power bat for cheap.

You have to expect at least one risky pickup from KW this offseason.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
If Pods turns down a similar offer from the Sox or wants multiple years or an insane more amount money, then I'm fine with Ankiel at the 1 year 2m they're projecting.

That's actually my prediction. The site is built so each fan can post their own predictions. Then I score the accuracy on the team, years and amount of the contract.