Since it is Halloween Time

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
http://images.google.com/images?client=fir...l=1&start=0

Prepare to be disappointed.

She was the mom on "Still Standing". That Cubs fan family show.

LOL. Knight, you're a hater. That woman look good as hell for her age. I thought she was gonna look like Joyce Dewitt or something.

The Shining is for me easily the scariest movie ever. The original The Haunting is real good too. Being old as I am, I love the old Universal horror movies, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy and all the sequels too.

On the subject of The Shining, I worked nights for fifteen years at a resort where a grisly murder had happened (not too many years before I worked there) and I could tell you some pretty creepy stories.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
It's not really a horror flick, but I always watch The Lost Boys as a guilty pleasure this time of year.

This is on right now on Telemundo. Muy bien!

Put me down for The Exorcist.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
The Shining is for me easily the scariest movie ever. The original The Haunting is real good too. Being old as I am, I love the old Universal horror movies, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy and all the sequels too.

On the subject of The Shining, I worked nights for fifteen years at a resort where a grisly murder had happened (not too many years before I worked there) and I could tell you some pretty creepy stories.

Please tell them, seriously.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 06:44 AM)
My favorite of all time would be "It"

I am going to watch Orphan and Drag me to hell with the chick tonight. I heard the Orphan was really good.

I saw the Orphanage last night. Fantastic flick.

It's a spanish film with subtitles, but fantastic, imo.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)

I'm with Milk, I'd like to hear some of those. I've been in a similar situation and could definitely relate. Well, aside from the murder angle to the story.

I've worked overnights before at Toyota Park (a 20,000+ seat stadium) in Bridgeview and it's an eerie experience. It's hard to explain until you're there, by yourself, at 2:00am, when it's pitch black out and there are no lights on in the stadium. You begin to think to yourself, "no one is within 500 ft of this stadium; what is something happens?"

The overnight person's duty is simply to monitor the cameras and occasionally patrol certain areas of the stadium, but even then, there's that slight part of me that would expect something weird to appear on screen. And then when I attempt to look back on it (all video is continuously recorded) it wouldn't be there. Or I'd be walking through the stadium checking to see if all doors were shut and would come across a pale woman standing, starring at me at the other end of a long hallway. Even though I don't believe in ghosts, there's always that feeling of dread when you're by yourself.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
Please tell them, seriously.

Well, for starters, the murder was in 1974. I began working there in 1980. A few people that I worked with were employed there when the murder happened. A maid was brutally murdered in a room where she had been cleaning. The murder was sadistic, violent and sexual. A guy who worked Security had been a County deputy and was on the scene at the time of the killing. He knew all the grisly details. He was one of a number of Security guys who several times saw "Paula" walking in the hallways late at night. One of them told me that he passed a woman in a hallway one night and felt something was kinda weird about her. He turned immediately after passing her but she wasn't there. The guy who was a county deputy saw her at least twice that he told me about right away after it happened. He told me he saw her a lot.. He said she would often just pass from one room to another across the hall without a sound, without a door opening and closing. . One of my co-workers was in the basement one night with another Security officer. They were down at housekeeping to get a cot and they saw Paula and said she walked right into a wall and just vanished. My co-worker was telling me about this about a half-hour after it had happened and he had goosebumps. He said it really freaked him out.

The only things that I ever witnessed was once seeing someone in the office out of the corner of my eye. She moved really fast and just sort of was suddenly there and then gone. But, I definitely briefly saw her and it was a woman. Another time I was going to a restaurant to Z out the register and as I approached the restaurant double doors just slowly opened up for me. These were glass doors. There was nobody else around and being that they were glass I would have seen if there was somebody on the other side opening the doors. This was indoors and there was no air-conditioning or breeze. There's no explanation for the doors opening the way they did.

We used to get our work done and take turns going to rooms to have a little nap (this was third shift remember). On a couple of occasions I had such an uncomfortable feeling in rooms. I just felt that I wasn't alone. It was very creepy and I'd get kinda a sense of dread. One time I was awakened by someone touching my arm and trust me, I was alone. Walking down hallways late at night I often felt very creeped out and was almost afraid to look behind me.

Oh, one other weird thing. There are 334 rooms in the hotel and while I worked there, 2 other hotel guests died. One died in a restaurant and the other died jerking off in his bed. But, the strange thing was they were both occupants of the same room, which I might add was not the room the murder had happened in. Just a strange coincidence.

Just for the record this was at The Abbey in Fontana, Wisconsin.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
I'm with Milk, I'd like to hear some of those. I've been in a similar situation and could definitely relate. Well, aside from the murder angle to the story.

I've worked overnights before at Toyota Park (a 20,000+ seat stadium) in Bridgeview and it's an eerie experience. It's hard to explain until you're there, by yourself, at 2:00am, when it's pitch black out and there are no lights on in the stadium. You begin to think to yourself, "no one is within 500 ft of this stadium; what is something happens?"

The overnight person's duty is simply to monitor the cameras and occasionally patrol certain areas of the stadium, but even then, there's that slight part of me that would expect something weird to appear on screen. And then when I attempt to look back on it (all video is continuously recorded) it wouldn't be there. Or I'd be walking through the stadium checking to see if all doors were shut and would come across a pale woman standing, starring at me at the other end of a long hallway. Even though I don't believe in ghosts, there's always that feeling of dread when you're by yourself.

I worked Security at Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva for five years and even there it's a little creepy sometimes walking the hallways at night. But, NOTHING like the hallways at the Abbey. Jesus!

Jaws, The Shining, The Devil's Rejects, High Tension, Saw, Eden Lake

But really there have been so many that I like. Love horror stuff.

Quarantine, Wolf Creek, Signs, the Hostel series too

EDIT: How can I forget Cloverfield.

Edited by KipWellsFan