Bradley/Wells Rumor "Has Legs"

bschmaranz

so basically the cubs are saying "Take bradley and his contract, plus pay the difference in the contract split in half(43 million)"?

I cant see the Blue Jays going for that, they dont have a lot of money to be just throwing around

I don't believe it, but it wouldn't surprise me. Is there a dumber human being in all of baseball than Jim Hendry? Seriously, this isn't a rhetorical question, I'd really like to know. Tim f***ing McCarver could analyze the free agent market better than that idiot. The idea for the Cubs should be to dump as much salary as they can, *not* assume greater financial commitments on bad players. I know there are a few Cub fans out there who actually follow and understand the game of baseball, and I wonder how they would feel about paying even more for tickets just to subsidize another short-sighted albatross of a contract given to a player who should be sitting on the bench watching Jake Fox terk hiz jerb. I can't stand the Cubs so I'm not upset over their position, but it's just so incredible to me how that organization can make so many changes and spew so much hot air about winning and yadda yadda yadda and then still hand Hendry the keys at the end of the day. The guy decided to pay Alfonso Soriano $18M through the age of 38. Although there are many, what other reasons do you really need to can somebody?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 06:46 AM)
so basically the cubs are saying "Take bradley and his contract, plus pay the difference in the contract split in half(43 million)"?

I cant see the Blue Jays going for that, they dont have a lot of money to be just throwing around

They Jay's save money, because they basically combine Wells and Bradley's terrible contracts and split it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 06:46 AM)

The way things are now, they are going to pay the whole damned thing. Part is better than all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)

Agreed. Isn't that one of the reasons they let Ros go for nothing in return